Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

focus st 225 exhaust system

Views : 1598

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 21st, 2015, 08:23   #1
marccowley

Default focus st 225 exhaust system

Ok, I had an st for a few months before I got my c30 t5, I know the downpipe and cat is interchangeable, but I cant see why the cat back wouldn't be, they looked the same underneath, however the focus which had a mongoose system on it, the back box goes into the middle, however the standard one is the same as the c30 where it goes over the rear subframe.

My question is, other than tailpipe spacing, why wont a focus system fit? Thanks
marccowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 11:34   #2
domhart10
Volvo S40

I had the exhaust upgraded on my S40. The garage had a Miltek one for an ST which they thought could fit but same issue ... they just dont. I think it was further back through the car where the issue was ... no Miltek :-( ended up wit ha Jetex.
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21st, 2015, 12:05   #3
marccowley

Thanks, you can get a milltek for the Volvos now but its nearly 200 quid more than the focus system!
marccowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 09:31   #4
iainmd

Don't know how much the Milltek is but the Jetex (same as BSR system) is £535. http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/...oducts_id=5822

I have that system and I've been delighted with it.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22nd, 2015, 10:05   #5
don kalmar union
Trader

Default Ferrita stainless exhausts.

I keep Ferrita's stainless systems in stock for all these smaller T5s and D5s plus the old Focus ST.

You can find them here on my website: http://kalmar-union.com/parts/volvo-...0c70-exhausts/

The prices include VAT and mainland delivery, there would be a supplement for some highland addresses and NI.

The only difference between any of these is the distance between the tail pipes, they are all the same up to and including the rear box.

Don.

MTE performance software , TME and Ferrita stainless exhausts, AP heavy duty clutch kits, KU single mass flywheels and LSDs. 01494 785508. email don@kalmar-union.com

www.kalmar-union.com
don kalmar union is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to don kalmar union For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 13:35   #6
DavieC

I've got a Ferrita system on my V50. I'm very pleased with it.
DavieC is offline   Reply With Quote