Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Help required with Samsung Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit

Views : 648

Replies : 4

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 27th, 2011, 08:51   #1
BECKS7

Default Help required with Samsung Bluetooth Hands Free Car Kit

The XC90 i bought recently has the Samsung HKT100BDE hands free kit installed, but it appears to be missing the microphone. I've searched everywhere and can't find where it's been mounted, so it leads me to the conclusion that it probably hasn't.

Can anyone help with how i can check for certain, without having to get someone to remove the dash? The Bluetooth kit is mounted just above the stereo, with the wire going above and behind it (to the rear of the stereo).

Anyone on the receiving end of a call says there's lots of road noise, whereas i can hear them perfectly.

I was hoping there would be an easy solution to:
- check if it's installed & if so where it's mounted
- someone you'd recommend who could check it
- where i could get a replacement microphone if necessary

or as a final resort, a recommendation of another kit that i could get fitted.

Thanks in advance
BECKS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 09:06   #2
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

The first thing is pop out the stereo facia and trace the dash mounted contoller to the main unit..

This very easy to do, pop up the gear lever surround, this will expose to torx screws below the heater section. Undo and remove these. The facia will now come out by dropping and pulling towards you.

So now you should have a big hole, and see the handsfree kit. If there is a mic plugged in you can now trace. If there isnt find out what connector it is namely 3.5mm jack, 2.5mm jack or an RJ45 etc and speak to a local car hifi shop and see if they have a mic to suite.

You probably know this but the mic is normally positioned to left or right of the drivers sun visor.

Hope this helps?
Bill Edmondson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 09:09   #3
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

A replacement would have to be a parrot mki9200 or similar. Check the threads as there have been recent posts on this one in the xc90 section. Currently this thread is on page 5 at the bottom.

Last edited by Bill Edmondson; Jul 27th, 2011 at 09:11.
Bill Edmondson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27th, 2011, 11:04   #4
TruckbusUK
Petrolhead+Lots of Diesel

My mic is in the plastic moulding that forms part of the rear view mirror housing, behind the small grille.

Hope it helps
TruckbusUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 1st, 2011, 13:45   #5
BECKS7

Many thanks for the tips.

My mike was also intalled behind the small grill in the ceiling panel, but was picking up more road noise than speech. I've since unravelled the wiring and temporarily fixed it above the mirror where it picks up my voice clearly.

Now debating on whether to upgrade to a Parrott system which has additional features, such as being able to choose who to call from the system rather than having to use the handset.
BECKS7 is offline   Reply With Quote