Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Warranty Cover

Views : 1444

Replies : 16

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 25th, 2011, 16:03   #1
bugsterbuns

Wink Warranty Cover

Just finally bought myself a lovely XC90 D5 SE with 79000 on the clock, i want to take out warranty cover on the vehicle just to be safe

Could i please have any recommendations from forum members who have taken out a third policy other than that offered by volvo

XC90 has full service history and i would be looking to do no more than 15000 miles per year

thanks for help
bugsterbuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2011, 22:38   #2
Britsud
Anycolouraslongasitsblack

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugsterbuns View Post
Just finally bought myself a lovely XC90 D5 SE with 79000 on the clock, i want to take out warranty cover on the vehicle just to be safe

Could i please have any recommendations from forum members who have taken out a third policy other than that offered by volvo

XC90 has full service history and i would be looking to do no more than 15000 miles per year

thanks for help
Have you got AA or RAC cover for breakdown. If so you may get a good deal from them. I had a shogun a few years back it came with 2 years AA cover, Broke down with gearbox fault , they sorted everything with mitsubishi dealer only had to pay first £25, cost was £1500 .

Cheers Bri
2008my xc90 sport,Polestar 205bhp, Flip down DVD, Full intergrated phone volvo on call, RTI Satnav full post code, privacy glass, Winter pack, Family pack, calcite soft leather, .Bi-xenon active headlights, Brembo discs Redstuff Pads.
Britsud is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Britsud For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 28th, 2011, 13:27   #3
bugsterbuns

Default XC90 Warranty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britsud View Post
Have you got AA or RAC cover for breakdown. If so you may get a good deal from them. I had a shogun a few years back it came with 2 years AA cover, Broke down with gearbox fault , they sorted everything with mitsubishi dealer only had to pay first £25, cost was £1500 .

Cheers Bri
Just been quoted £135 with RAC which seems cheap in comparision to other rivals, they explain that you need to take out a breakdown cover of some sort with them

has any forum member had any experience with them other than the above?
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 15:35   #4
bugsterbuns

Default RAC Warranty Tops!!!!

after a cambelt failure on my XC90 RAC paid a maximum of 2000 pounds towards repair no hassle at all, i had to pay first 25 pounds

highly recommended
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 20:34   #5
harvey07
Master Member

Can I just clarify that in Jan/Feb, you bought a warranty/breakdown cover with the RAC for £135 + ?

& they have just paid out £2k for a repair on your XC90.

What age is the car?

I have a 2007 SE D5 with 57k on it & whilst it came with a years Arnold Clark warranty, I don't think it'll be worth the paper it is written on, should I need to claim on it.

I'd be interested in looking into the RAC option further.
harvey07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25th, 2011, 23:50   #6
jasear

I am really wondering if buying any of these warranties is worth it. I hear a lot of horror stories.
jasear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 00:13   #7
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

My recent purchase of a 54 xc90 came with 3 months RAC warranty, I think its £500 per claim, infinite claims.

This is a dealer supplied one but imagine there are varying levels of cover and annual cost to match?
Bill Edmondson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 00:15   #8
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Oow and heres the answer
http://www.rac.co.uk/uk-breakdown/warranty.html
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 01:07   #9
jasear

Ive heard from a lot of people that when you make a claim they will just say the problem is down to wear and tear and just reject your claim.

Even with the ones that do include wear and tear damage (warranty direct) I have heard a lot of negative stories and experiences from people.
jasear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26th, 2011, 07:42   #10
Bill Edmondson
AV Guru

Yeah agreed, I think aswell its frame of mind, if a car comes supplied with one you would be more inclined to fight the case, were as an after market one you kind resolve yourself to the fact they will look for an excuse not to pay.