Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New Nav Maps are here

Views : 23562

Replies : 128

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 19th, 2012, 07:30   #21
janem

I did the upload yesterday (5;25 hours). Still no update for the voice control (no possibility to change the country by voice control)
janem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 08:49   #22
scotgc

Default Time to get moaning to Volvo

The timescales quoted for uploading a simple map update seems to be utterly rediculous. Volvo need to be looking at engineering a technical solution to this, have any of you wrote to them to express your concerns?

I for one would be asking if they think >5 hours to upoload a simple file is acceptable.
Old Apr 19th, 2012, 23:00   #23
RamboRab

So who has got the new update installed?

What's new? Is there speed camera locations yet?

Does it really take 5 hours to install?! How can I do that when you're not supposed to leave your car running on your driveway these days?

Thanks

Last edited by RamboRab; Apr 19th, 2012 at 23:10.
RamboRab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 09:03   #24
goodinr
White D5 AWD RDesign Auto

Default map update

It works ok and starts and stops as you drive the car normally, so its not the chore you think, It just takes an awful long time and is a bit buggy.
You will end up messing around ejecting discs and turning system on and off but it does go in eventually. Ron.
goodinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 09:12   #25
RamboRab

So are there any new features or just updated maps?

Speed camera locations? Or do I still need to add them manually?
Old Apr 20th, 2012, 09:27   #26
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodinr View Post
It works ok and starts and stops as you drive the car normally, so its not the chore you think, It just takes an awful long time and is a bit buggy.
You will end up messing around ejecting discs and turning system on and off but it does go in eventually. Ron.
Presumably the sat nav is out of action for this time, how about the other functions controlled via the screen?
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 11:19   #27
RamboRab

Finally got mine updated last night. Only one glitch that required the car to be turned off for 10 minuites but once turned back on it worked fine.

It does take about 5 hours!

I've not noticed anything new. I'm hoping some of the new roads are in it now. I'll find out the next time I'm on the new M74 in Glasgow.

One issue though. I added the speed camera locations using the import poi option. It works well. Even warns me of cameras when I'm not using the sat nav. But when I try to change the sound that is played it won't let me. I've seen other cars that play the camera shutter click noise instead of the chime. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to change it?

Thanks
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 12:57   #28
jimbg
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RamboRab View Post
Finally got mine updated last night. Only one glitch that required the car to be turned off for 10 minutes but once turned back on it worked fine.

It does take about 5 hours!

I've not noticed anything new. I'm hoping some of the new roads are in it now. I'll find out the next time I'm on the new M74 in Glasgow.

One issue though. I added the speed camera locations using the import poi option. It works well. Even warns me of cameras when I'm not using the sat nav. But when I try to change the sound that is played it won't let me. I've seen other cars that play the camera shutter click noise instead of the chime. Anyone else have this issue? Anyone know how to change it?

Thanks
Sound 3 is the shutter sound, the software is very buggy and Sound 4 ( no sound ) does not work.

After several emails to Volvo they have acknowledged the problem after initial denials

Thank you for your response. I understand your position on the matter.

I have contacted our technical office again to try and get further clarification as to exactly what software is required and if this will resolve the issue. They have confirmed that your vehicle does need a software upgrade. There is currently an upgrade available however without completing the upgrade we cannot confirm if this will fix the problem. However, in week 20 of this year (week commencing 14th May 2012) there will be another software released which will definitely resolve the issue.

Therefore; I would suggest that you book your vehicle in after the 14th May and both software upgrades can be completed at the same time.

I hope this helps however if you need more information please do come back to me.
jimbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 13:22   #29
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wimorrison View Post
This works out at less than 500KB/s which a bit of string with 2 tin cans either end could achieve more efficiently.A video DVD has the same amount of data, the transfer is faster and even when the transfer is slowed down to allow people to watch it since they could not watch it at the speed that the data could be transferred. it should take about 5 mins to transfer 8GB of data.

As has been said by Darbs, this is appalling and I for one would not consider it acceptable - glad I have the antiquated slow system that updates in 5 mins.
Exactly ,spot on 500kb/s , this is the speed of a vehicles network system these days . not exactly slow as it is the equivalent of sending a ream of typed A4 down the line every second .
Old Apr 21st, 2012, 13:32   #30
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbg View Post
Sound 3 is the shutter sound, the software is very buggy and Sound 4 ( no sound ) does not work.

After several emails to Volvo they have acknowledged the problem after initial denials

Thank you for your response. I understand your position on the matter.

I have contacted our technical office again to try and get further clarification as to exactly what software is required and if this will resolve the issue. They have confirmed that your vehicle does need a software upgrade. There is currently an upgrade available however without completing the upgrade we cannot confirm if this will fix the problem. However, in week 20 of this year (week commencing 14th May 2012) there will be another software released which will definitely resolve the issue.

Therefore; I would suggest that you book your vehicle in after the 14th May and both software upgrades can be completed at the same time.

I hope this helps however if you need more information please do come back to me.
The SENSUS is a very complex system there have been a number of problems, the software is 32 mb of data , this software due next month has been awaited since last November , so if anyone has problems best wait until the second half of may before going in to seek a final fix . anyone just had a software update , go in again for the final one !