Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY22 spec missing items

Views : 2273

Replies : 18

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Apr 30th, 2022, 08:19   #1
amdvol

Default MY22 spec missing items

I read many different posts/articles about the MY22 cars missing specification that was listed in the brochure for the list price at the time of ordering.

Hence for the benefit of those collecting a MY22 or purchasing in the near future thought it’s worth compiling a list confirming what owners believe they are missing so everyone else can check when collecting theirs.

When owners communicate with Volvo the reply confirms the deletions but no mention of refund for not getting what was ordered.

Spec differences:

No drive mode selector
No kick operatored boot opening/closing
Not many hybrid RDesign Pro’s have the tailored dashboard
amdvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 08:52   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

This may be of interest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kc8Yap9noA
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 09:04   #3
Familyman 90
The Brit Brick

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdvol View Post

but no mention of refund for not getting what was ordered.
People should read the small print before signing. They would then see that spec is subject to change without notice, and tought luck buster. I know JLR are doing the same.

Last edited by Familyman 90; Apr 30th, 2022 at 09:07.
Familyman 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 09:41   #4
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by amdvol View Post
I read many different posts/articles about the MY22 cars missing specification that was listed in the brochure for the list price at the time of ordering.

Hence for the benefit of those collecting a MY22 or purchasing in the near future thought it’s worth compiling a list confirming what owners believe they are missing so everyone else can check when collecting theirs.

When owners communicate with Volvo the reply confirms the deletions but no mention of refund for not getting what was ordered.

Spec differences:

No drive mode selector
No kick operatored boot opening/closing
Not many hybrid RDesign Pro’s have the tailored dashboard
Also add to this, those functions that are being removed by stealth through the software updates.

- Removal of L/R Balance & F/R Fader controls on High Performance audio system from v1.8

- Removal of being able to read USB stored music using AudioWagon from v2.0

There is a comprehensive least of these removals and bugs on the SwedeSpeed forum.

So even after you own the car, Volvo will keep haunting you with stealth removals...
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 10:02   #5
volvocamper
Master Member

I collected a MY22 XC90 R-Design Pro 2 weeks ago and I have to say it was supplied EXACTLY as per the spec in the brochure, this is despite Volvo suggesting it would be different - so the handsfree tailgate is there as are the illuminated rear door sills (both of which were in the brochure but in doubt).
Compared to my 2018 same model this one does indeed lose the drive mode selector + the self park function (never used this in the 2018 car but the side proximity sensors were useful at times - these are missing from MY22 cars but back for MY23 cars). The standard seats in the XC90 R-Designs now have vinyl in the bolsters of the 2nd row seats (i ordered full Nappa leather option to avoid this) BUT, the very worst new ‘feature’ is the leather-free steering wheel - this is in fact wrapped in vinyl now and compared to the same leather wheel in previous car, just feels lower quality and of course this is the one thing you use ALL the time when driving. So in a nut-shell study the online Price List for the exact model and year you are ordering and it would seem it will be supplied as per the features listed in that document - in my very recent experience anyway.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 12:50   #6
Dohnut

I’ve just re-read my order and there’s no mention of the handsfree tailgate. This was mentioned to me but literally 5 mins after I’d signed on the dotted line. Not a deal breaker for me though. Will be interesting to see if it is indeed supplied given volvocamper’s experience and the close proximity of our orders/builds.

Slightly off topic but I noticed my order states a temporary spare wheel. I had assumed you just got a can of gunk.
Old Apr 30th, 2022, 21:06   #7
volvocamper
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dohnut View Post
I’ve just re-read my order and there’s no mention of the handsfree tailgate. This was mentioned to me but literally 5 mins after I’d signed on the dotted line. Not a deal breaker for me though. Will be interesting to see if it is indeed supplied given volvocamper’s experience and the close proximity of our orders/builds.

Slightly off topic but I noticed my order states a temporary spare wheel. I had assumed you just got a can of gunk.
Dohnut do you recall which Price list yours was ordered off? It must be same as mine i think and i think it will have the handsfree tailgate feature. Mine was Edition 5a.
volvocamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2022, 00:10   #8
Dohnut

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvocamper View Post
Dohnut do you recall which Price list yours was ordered off? It must be same as mine i think and i think it will have the handsfree tailgate feature. Mine was Edition 5a.
Afraid not.

If I get it it will be a pleasant surprise. If not, I won’t miss it.
Old May 4th, 2022, 02:31   #9
GezzaT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Also add to this, those functions that are being removed by stealth through the software updates.

- Removal of L/R Balance & F/R Fader controls on High Performance audio system from v1.8

There is a comprehensive least of these removals and bugs on the SwedeSpeed forum.

So even after you own the car, Volvo will keep haunting you with stealth removals...
LRS, are you sure about the balance and fader controls for the high performance system disappearing with 1.8? I was updated to 2.0 a week or so ago and before it happened I took a look through the settings to see what they were like for a ‘before and after’ comparison. I was on 1.7 since new as the car wouldn’t update OTA. There was definitely not fade or balance in the audio in 1.7. You could only activate or deactivate the front or rear speakers but nothing else. Can’t speak for versions pre 1.7 but mine definitely did not have those sound functions.
GezzaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2022, 08:34   #10
Fibrous

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post

Just to bring some context into the USB socket being able to read audio file data.
Volvo themselves stated in the manual that the USB port was only for charging. The developer of AudioWagon discovered that the software was in fact still 'open' to read audio file data. The port was locked out after V2.0 for audio file read either by design or inadvertently. But the point being Volvo never advertised it as anything other than a charging port.
Fibrous is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fibrous For This Useful Post: