Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC-60 & garmin 765T

Views : 25452

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 8th, 2009, 13:22   #1
run-run

Default XC-60 & garmin 765T

Hi all,

This is my first message here.

I ordered a XC60 which is arriving next week. I thing in Spain models have diffent names, mine is a FWD 175cv, white, and medium equipment level, which is called momentum down here. Basic is Kinetic and higher is summum with leather seats and meny other options included.

I didn't ordered RTI, because I have read some solutions to be installed before, some of them in official Volvo garages.

Basically what they do is install a Garmin 760 or 765T navigators with an additional frame to fit in the original RTI hole. I also have seen a Pironeer AVIC-F500T also called Navgate 500, which also fits on that hole, but my guess is that is not as well finished as the Garmin solution. Also being installed by Volvo guys is an extra for warranty is case of further problems. As I ordered the basic sound system, I don't have MP3 reader, so Prioneer would be a better solution if that fits as well as an integrated one.

My questions are if you ever heard about this. if yes, do you know if other Garmin or even TOM-TOM models with bigger screens can work instead of 756T?
And the Pioneer?

Thanks in advance!

Regards from Spain!
run-run is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 15:32   #2
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-run View Post
Hi all,

This is my first message here.

I ordered a XC60 which is arriving next week. I thing in Spain models have diffent names, mine is a FWD 175cv, white, and medium equipment level, which is called momentum down here. Basic is Kinetic and higher is summum with leather seats and meny other options included.

I didn't ordered RTI, because I have read some solutions to be installed before, some of them in official Volvo garages.

Basically what they do is install a Garmin 760 or 765T navigators with an additional frame to fit in the original RTI hole. I also have seen a Pironeer AVIC-F500T also called Navgate 500, which also fits on that hole, but my guess is that is not as well finished as the Garmin solution. Also being installed by Volvo guys is an extra for warranty is case of further problems. As I ordered the basic sound system, I don't have MP3 reader, so Prioneer would be a better solution if that fits as well as an integrated one.

My questions are if you ever heard about this. if yes, do you know if other Garmin or even TOM-TOM models with bigger screens can work instead of 756T?
And the Pioneer?

Thanks in advance!

Regards from Spain!
V. interesting, I would love to get my TomTom integrated. I found some pics of the integrated garmin here ... http://forums.swedespeed.com/zerothr...=105345&page=3
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 15:57   #3
run-run

Yes,
I also have seen some pictures. There you can see that the screen is smaller than the original one. Probably there's any soution to go to a bigger screen models.
I didn't saw any TOM-TOM compatible frame, so far.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 15:59   #4
XC60Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-run View Post
Yes,
I also have seen some pictures. There you can see that the screen is smaller than the original one. Probably there's any soution to go to a bigger screen models.
I didn't saw any TOM-TOM compatible frame, so far.
Not sure how you could turn and tom tom on/off without having access to the on/off button. I assume the garmin automatically turns on and off. Where have you seen the frames - are they sold pre-made?
XC60Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 17:02   #5
run-run

I didn't see them phisically, but in a Spanish forum.

It seems that are sold on Volvo garages, it includes the frame and a cable to connect Garmin's power. I've told that it turns on/off when starts / stop car. for the Garmin, no clue about a TomTom.

Old Jul 29th, 2009, 21:31   #6
xc60-nor

Does anybody know where it is possible to buy this frame and how much this will cost ?
xc60-nor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30th, 2009, 08:43   #7
Nice But Dim

I have asked around a couple of independent suppliers and drawn a blank.

The only insighful info I managed to unearth was from these guys :-

VolvoTech.EU
Your Resource for Volvo Electronics
E - sales@VolvoTech.EU
W - www.VolvoTech.EU
T - +31 (0) 61908 3165
C - Schiedam - NL

who advised that the Gramin Navi and Pioneer 9000 series do fit - but they have had no first-hand experience in fitting either...

Would be interested in hearing if anyone else has been more successful

N b D

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc60-nor View Post
Does anybody know where it is possible to buy this frame and how much this will cost ?

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Nice But Dim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2009, 11:58   #8
Nice But Dim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pstEY...eature=related

very cool !

Previously
XC60 MY2010 2.4D Drive SE, Saville Grey, leather, sunroof, front & rear sensors, family pack
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 01:50   #9
Nice But Dim

Here's another cheaper approach courtesy of Bart Franco from http://www.volvo-forum.nl/

Simpley remove the dash fascia - take power from the rear of the cigarette lighter in the tunnel console.

Previously
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 02:05   #10
Nice But Dim

I have some further details on the below install shown in the above thread authored by run-run – the adaptor can be purchased for 80EUR + 16% VAT from a Spanish gentleman by the name of Javier and can be contacted via email on volvi101@hotmail.com

Apparently in addition to the adaptor which is for the Garmin model 760 and 765 you’ll need

- to order from local Volvo dealer fascia dash with orginal RTI hole (XC60 Frame, With RTI: [Volvo part number 1284825]) for about 40 quid.
-Garmin Vehicle power cable part 010-10723-06
-Optional gps antenna Garmin part 010-10702-00
- And a power socket from cigarette lighter.

The only thing I have yet to get confirmation of that the adaptor as shown in the pics below does also contain the overlay fascia that surrounds the screen on the install. It would make little sense if it did not mind you.

Javier has been very helpful and his English is far better than my Spanish. Hope this is useful.

N b D

Previously

Last edited by Nice But Dim; Aug 26th, 2009 at 02:08. Reason: it's very early in the morning
The Following User Says Thank You to Nice But Dim For This Useful Post: