Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Your experience of XC90 problems...

Views : 3893

Replies : 33

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 26th, 2013, 23:30   #31
Blackwhite

Shaz303 - I cannot answer your PM as I need 30 posts to do that, sorry.
You can send me your email via PM, and I will send it to you mate.,
Blackwhite is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackwhite For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 00:40   #32
Shaz303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwhite View Post
Shaz303 - I cannot answer your PM as I need 30 posts to do that, sorry.
You can send me your email via PM, and I will send it to you mate.,

Cheers mate!
- You don't know how hard it was for me to do 30 posts before I could send a PM!
Old Sep 27th, 2013, 15:47   #33
AleXc90
XC90 R-Design Owner

I hopefully should be picking up an 58 MY2009 R-Design next week.
Loved it in the test drive.
The Volvo dealership was very friendly, very helpful.
It all the exciting lots of gadgets and gizmos and loved the seating contrast and very comfy seats.
The man I dealt with actually got the one I am buying shipped across from one of the other's of there Group at no charge to me and made sure I like it before going ahead.
I also don't think servicing costs aren't too badly price.
My previous group always commented that the BMW X5 was terrible in the snow.
I also think they don't take the care and the time in the fittings inside the car, it looks bland and no ingenious designs to the everyday usage.
My Aunt has a 3 series with cup holders continuously stuck in the passengers knees if you want to carry around a flask or a can of drink.
Not a BMW fan in the slightest.
Every car has there problems whatever the make and as more and more gadgets. gizmo's and electronics go on the Cars, there's more and more to go wrong.
At the end of the day, there is always someone out there that ends up with the pup, the runt of the litter and you never know if it is going to be you.

Last edited by AleXc90; Sep 27th, 2013 at 16:10.
AleXc90 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AleXc90 For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 30th, 2013, 13:50   #34
bobfage1

Default lowish miles for a 2007

I purchased my XC90 last December with 57k on the clock. It came with 1 year non selekt warrenty. I have done about 5k up to date.

Issues: had problems with the, fuel door flap spring failing - replaced by supplying dealer.... then the On call batteries. Volvo paid most of the bill.
then I had the engine warning light on - to much oil... i.e only top up to 3/4 mark and not the full mark... my bill not Volvo as I put the oil in.

and now the fuel door actuator switch would not open this morning on the petrol station forecourt... wonderful when you are in a wheelchair. But due to some reading on this forum when I first got the car and needed to change a spring on the fuel flap door I was aware that I could pull a release from inside the panel at the back. Took a bit of time, trying to reach from the chair.. but got it opened so I could fill the tank. The car is going in Friday for a new actuator to be fitted. Not a job I want to do often.

So I have had a few smallish problems since I purchased it. But overall I am still pleased with the car. It is fully loaded with sunroof, etc., SEL model with buck redish brown leather full trim. Drives well and I get about 29 to 31 mpg urban use. Yes it is slow off the mark compared with a recent loan car which was the V70 on a 13 plate, but the XC90 is a heavy car. If I could afford it I would buy a slightly later exec model. But Mine is loaded with reverse camera, front sensors (park assist) plus a black box camera, running boards and a nice grey finish.
bobfage1 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bobfage1 For This Useful Post: