Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Data SIM card - new deal

Views : 5423

Replies : 40

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 16th, 2020, 16:04   #31
Bogus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quacker View Post
Yes. No charges. No issue whatsoever. It is immaculate though and I gave it a quick wash and hoover the day before.
This is the last I saw of it.
Attachment 128508

Got a full set of interior rubber mats and a set of immaculate 20" wheels with half worn Conti tyres left over.

The car is currently at Mannheim Auction centre and someone will be a very lucky new owner indeed.
hi Quacker, sorry to hear about your situation and you having to sell the car.

I am interested in the 20inch wheels if they are still for sale?
Bogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16th, 2020, 17:03   #32
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus View Post
hi Quacker, sorry to hear about your situation and you having to sell the car.

I am interested in the 20inch wheels if they are still for sale?
Yes. They have been in storage for over two years, thoroughly washed and dried with an aerosol protective coating applied to the unmarked alloy and a sheet over them to protect from light. Tyres are less than half worn by my estimate and only covered about 10,000 miles. The replacement wheels did 25,000 and went away with a good 15,000 left on them but I reckon that the Pirelli are harder wearing than the Conti-silent fitted to the wheels I have for sale.
£500 cash for all four on collection. £125 each is only a fraction of the price of new ones.
Nice day out for you to banish cabin fever. To tell you the truth I hadn't come round to thinking of selling them.

I drove to London to fetch the wheels that went with the car and carried them in the back with three of us as well.
Old Jun 16th, 2020, 17:10   #33
Quacker
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by badonkadonk View Post
Do you think this would be enough data to support traffic info?
Currently I use bluetooth to play spotify from my phone, and have done map updates via memory stick...
I averaged about 12,000 miles a year. No music streaming, only the apps that occasionally looked for features of interest and gave traffic information. Somehow used about 1GB a month. 200mb is not very much at all. You can get 1GB sim contracts for your phone with 500 minutes and texts for about £12 a month or so these days.
Old Jun 16th, 2020, 17:28   #34
daverey

Interesting. I also average about 12k miles a year, and have the free 200Mb Three data SIM. No music streaming, but use for traffic alerts and apps like the weather one and glympse when travelling home etc, and only on the odd occasion have I run out of data, resulting in no connection (and even then just for a day or so).
I also make sure I update all my maps and apps on the drive via the Wifi at home
Old Jun 17th, 2020, 22:55   #35
encroute

Is anyone else offering a deal similar to "Three"?

We both have Three on our phones (and a macro to switch it on when in the car) - and unlimited tethering is included - it's limited to 19Gb/month when abroad - but I would be interested in a similar deal with a different network - to ensure full coverage.
encroute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18th, 2020, 17:41   #36
Quacker
Premier Member

Slightly off topic but replying to a request to see my wheels. Here they are in all their glory…

IMG_3012.jpg

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_3016.jpg

IMG_3013.jpg

IMG_3014.jpg

Any marks on the alloys are superficial from me just cleaning the dust off the waxy protectant with a paper towel and smearing and will wipe off with a more thorough cleaning. I thought I'd wiped them more thoroughly but the camera lens is unforgiving, especially as I had to use the flash.

Last edited by Quacker; Jun 18th, 2020 at 17:47.
Quacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6th, 2020, 13:18   #37
GJB
Premier Member

Thumbs up

Any updates on this thread for good deal.
MY10 XC90 D5 R design Red MY04 XC90 D5 SE RED
95 940 2 ltr D Silver Auto /84 740 2ltr D Red
GJB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GJB For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 7th, 2020, 13:30   #38
CoopsSA
Volvo Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJB View Post
Any updates on this thread for good deal.
I've been hunting around but again have gone for a new Three SIM.

Got the 12GB one from Amazon for £27.99 (actually supplied by MyMemory)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Three-Mobil...051327422&th=1
The Following User Says Thank You to CoopsSA For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 08:25   #39
Scotia64

I bought a 3 sim for the car but ended up putting in w mini dongle, even though the SIM card is active in the dongle can I take out of the dongle & transfer it to the car?
Old Aug 9th, 2020, 12:04   #40
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotia64 View Post
I bought a 3 sim for the car but ended up putting in w mini dongle, even though the SIM card is active in the dongle can I take out of the dongle & transfer it to the car?
yes; you can swap it into the car modem. I have a mifi dongle to use in the caravan and swap the data sim to the car when not using it in the caravan.
XC90 Inscription D5 Power pulse, 2017 MY, Savile grey, Blond Nappa, Leather dash/door tops, Walnut inlays, Dark tinted windows, Air suspension, Bliss/Cross traffic alert, Xenium/7 seat comfort/Family/Winter packs, 4 zone climate, Heated rear seats.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote