Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Diesel Engines

Notices

Diesel Engines A forum dedicated to diesel engines fitted to Volvo cars. See the first post in this forum for a list of the diesel engines.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Range

Views : 572

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2019, 22:36   #1
S60HUB

Default Range

Hello everyone loving my 06 d5 can't believe how good it is on fuel after having a Scooby and a mps just wanted to no how much is really left when light comes on just I'm going on a long trek and just want to no also at current needal is just on the first line before red and computer says 175 before empty how many miles roughly is left when little light comes on many thanks or how much have you people managed to run down to
S60HUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 00:21   #2
Black dog

The range isn't the most accurate on these and I don't recommend putting it to the test. I've went as low as 40 miles once late at night as I missed the filling station closing time. Ive heard guys complain there's run out showing 50miles left.
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 02:01   #3
Kev0607
Premier Member

I wouldn't recommend letting the fuel get too low with it being a Diesel, as the dirt etc builds up at the bottom of the tank & that's what it'll be running on if it gets too low. I'm not implying that you'll be driving around with the low fuel light on by any means, but you get what I mean.
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 11:04   #4
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by S60HUB View Post
Hello everyone loving my 06 d5 can't believe how good it is on fuel after having a Scooby and a mps just wanted to no how much is really left when light comes on just I'm going on a long trek and just want to no also at current needal is just on the first line before red and computer says 175 before empty how many miles roughly is left when little light comes on many thanks or how much have you people managed to run down to
The gauges are accurate at the Empty end , when the needle is in line with the bottom line there is still fuel in there , how far extra you can go is unknown but best to fill it once you get in the red area of the gauge . There is no dirt in the tank they are as clean as a whistle and in any case there is an intake filter in the tank for the pick up pump .
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 11:22   #5
SwissXC90
Premier Member

I measured mine, as I have a CFEplus that tells me how many liters of fuel are in the 65L tank.

The FuelLow warning lamp comes on when there are about 10 to 12 liters of fuel left

At 10L/100km average consumption, that means 100 to 120km of range left (62 to 74 miles of range), but that is highly subject to driving style, vehicle load and temperature etc.
XC90 R-Design MY2009, Black Sapphire Metallic. HP-Sound, RSE, Nav, Tel, ParkingCam, BLIS, ParkingHeater, RestHeat, Removable Towbar, Summer: CRATUS 20x8 on Pirelli Scorpion Zeros 255/45, Winter: NEPTUNE 17x7 on Continental WinterContact 4x4 235/65.
SwissXC90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29th, 2019, 12:41   #6
brutusmotorsport

when red light comes on you have 1 gallon left. 6 ltrs.
brutusmotorsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16th, 2020, 13:57   #7
S60HUB

got mine range down to 140 miles after a long drive back from devon an needle was just above the red sound right?
S60HUB is offline   Reply With Quote