Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

850 est for sale-one of the best in the world

Views : 1132

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 1st, 2009, 23:43   #1
Fishcake

Default 850 est for sale-one of the best in the world

I have decided to sell my 1995 850 S 2.5 10V Manual Estate in Classic Green. The car is virtually in as new condition. It has covered only 16000 miles from new and has always been garaged. I am the 3rd owner. The first was the supplying dealer and then from 6 weeks old the car was owned by an elderly man. I bought the car in March 2009 from the elderly chap and I have decided to sell as I want to buy a new Land Rover Defender. The elderly man was a complete fanatic. The seats, carpets (inc boot area), bumpers, wheel trims etc are all as new and I mean AS NEW! The paint has a very deep shine, has no dents, scratches or dings. The only blemishes are on the bonnet, it has a couple of small stone chips otherwise the paint is also as good as new.
Under the bonnet is so clean you really could eat you dinner off it and it shows no signs of being steam cleaned, its just been looked after and used in good weather only.
The way the car drives must be experienced, it really does feel like a new car. Every thing is so tight. Every switch feels like its being used for the first time.
The only down side to this car is that the guy I bought it from always had it serviced by a local mechanic and could not find his history file. When I picked up the car all the fluids were like new and I could tell the car had been over serviced. The mileage is totally genuine. It would be impossible to keep a car in this condition if the mileage wasn't correct.
A mechanic who I've used for years went over this car with a fine tooth comb and said there is no doubt about the cars mileage. In fact it looks like its done 3000 miles.
As I am also a fanatic I had the same mechanic give the car a full service in April, this included;

-Cam Belt, roller/pulleys, aux belt change
-Oil/filter change
-Fuel filter
-Air filter
-Spark plugs
-Coolant change
-Brake fluid change

All of which was done using genuine Volvo parts bought from a main dealer.
The car is MOT'd until March 2010.
The car is still wearing its original tyres, which still have plenty of tread and are showing no signs of perishing as the car has always been garaged.

As I said the car is an S spec but it has a few other extras;
-Electric front windows
-Electric drivers door mirror
-Integrated child seat.

If you are after a faultless 850 Estate that will surely last another 200,000 miles, look no further.

The car comes with Original Handbook, 1995 Sales Brochure and 2 sets of keys.
The car is for sale at £2795. I realise this is a lot more expensive than other 1995 850's (even some 'R' models) but this is virtually a new car that has just had a £600 service.

I will post some pics as soon as I can but if your interested this car really needs to be seen in the flesh.

My mobile number is 07809 437650 or send me a PM.

Regards

Marcus

Last edited by Fishcake; Aug 1st, 2009 at 23:46.
Fishcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 2nd, 2009, 00:45   #2
Gramayr

Blimey, a bit of a timewarp car - would make a good car for a dealership to have in their window.
Look foward to seeing pics.
Old Aug 22nd, 2009, 13:59   #3
Fishcake

Talking

Now sold!
Fishcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25th, 2009, 23:30   #4
RSF
Master Member

I'd love the reg of that car to check with Rufe to see if it had only done 16k,surely is one of the best with that many miles,how on earth you done 16k in all them years I would like to know sir.

T5 WANTED,CHEAP PROJECT WITH MOT
RSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 13:25   #5
the alarming man
V.O.C MEMBER

Default some people have too much spare time

Why on earth would you want to check the mileage of someone elses car???,unless you were seriously considering buying it....which i dont for a minute belive,and in fact i read your last post in a way you were calling the selller a liar....i think you might have a little bit too much spare time on your hands....REALLY?

Last edited by the alarming man; Aug 26th, 2009 at 13:31.
the alarming man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26th, 2009, 15:12   #6
Blue 8
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSF View Post
I'd love the reg of that car to check with Rufe to see if it had only done 16k,surely is one of the best with that many miles,how on earth you done 16k in all them years I would like to know sir.
Why?....

Ruby-red pearl 854 GLT 2.5 20v 62k.....Andy
Blue 8 is offline   Reply With Quote