Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General

Notices

S40 / V40 '96-'04 General Forum for the Volvo S40 and V40 (Classic) Series from 1995-2004.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Won an EU702 on fleabay

Views : 916

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 16th, 2011, 10:09   #1
gatos
Premier Member

Default Won an EU702 on fleabay

I won an EU702 scanner tool from fleabay for £100 and will be getting it sometimes this week. It was actually advertised as a JP701 which is the same tool with different software.

A kind member (tolsen) from fordtransit.org forum has uploaded all the files for different car makes here: http://cid-12c7d40e53cb9a1d.skydrive...ublic/Maxidiag

So effectively I have 4 scanners in 1. JP701, EU702, US703 and FR704

If anyone is local to me and would like to have their SRS or other codes read and reset, reset, feel free to drop by and do so for free. If you want to make a small contribution, then I would give that to my favourite charity Celia Hammond Animal Trust. I live in Essex bordering East London not fat from the A13 and A406 junction.

I cant wait to get hold of it now. I will leave feedback on it and see how well it works with the S40
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 11:55   #2
littlehomer
Master Member

Hey up,

This is just a scanner? Can it be used to change things on a car?

I.e. program dials to show info centre stuff or tell a CEM a car has fog lights?

Cheers,

Daniel.
littlehomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 12:17   #3
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehomer View Post
Hey up,

This is just a scanner? Can it be used to change things on a car?

I.e. program dials to show info centre stuff or tell a CEM a car has fog lights?

Cheers,

Daniel.
Hey Daniel. No I am afraid not. It just reads error codes and clears them. I mainly got it to reset my SRS light. From what I read, you can also view live data with the engine running, but I need to check it when I get it

Last edited by gatos; Feb 16th, 2011 at 15:02.
The Following User Says Thank You to gatos For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 14:35   #4
andy_d
Premier Member

to do that daniel you'd need vida/vadis and a vct2000/dice unit ,which is main dealer/Very well connected Indy league of cost/avaliablity.
Or wait for a 2nd hand vct2000 to appear on here (they do now n then) but please be seated before looking at the price of said items...

Gatos
if i can be a cheeky so&so , would you let me/us know how you get on with the 702/SRS light. manythankies
The Following User Says Thank You to andy_d For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 16:34   #5
littlehomer
Master Member

Fiddle sticks!

Nevermind. I need my car telling that it has the ambient temp sensor to go to the dash lcd.

I imagine a main dealer will charge an arm and a leg to do it.

Cheers,

Daniel.
littlehomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 16:49   #6
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlehomer View Post
Fiddle sticks!

Nevermind. I need my car telling that it has the ambient temp sensor to go to the dash lcd.

I imagine a main dealer will charge an arm and a leg to do it.

Cheers,

Daniel.
You wish.... Try two arms and 3 legs and one kidney...lol
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 18:50   #7
gatos
Premier Member

woohooo. The scanner has arrived. I just loaded the Volvo files to it and i am waiting for it to finish. Will go out in a minute and try it out and I will let you know of the results.......

Fingers crossed

Added:

Success!!!!! SRS light is gone and has not come up again........ The error code was "017c Central locking signal" which seems to be silly enough to disable the entire SRS. Now its cleared and all is ok.

I tried to check for other fault codes but that is where I got a bit stuck. The only other thing that worked was scanning the ABS where no faults were present but I could not access the engine as the only other option I was given was petrol (mine is the 1.9 115bhp diesel D4192T3) and my engine was not in the list.... . I was getting an error that the device cannot communicate with my car..........

I also tried to scan the car under the generic EOBD and OBD2 settings but again there was a connection error.

The most important thing is that my Air-bag light is gone but I think i need a bit more time to figure out about the rest of the readings for the car.

I hope another member here who has the same car as me and the EU702 can shed some light of where I might be going wrong

Baffler????? hint hint.

PS. Andy_d you cheeky....... lol. I think it is time we get rid of your horrible avatar picture and the only way we can do that is by reseting your SRS. IF by any chance you pass by London, (maybe on your way to France ), feel free to pass by. Or if you give me a couple of weeks, we maybe can arrange for me to send the EU702 to you so you can do your business (I want it back though... ). Let me know what you think.

Last edited by gatos; Feb 16th, 2011 at 19:42.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 20:02   #8
andy_d
Premier Member

Many thanks for that , if it puts that Dang light out,,
unfortunatly tho the avatar is stopping, im Sharing the lovely thing for a lot longer,,

many thanks on the kind offer on the loan, but i fear with the "PO" we have ,and deliverys to me, i can only say Thank you but i shall decline, Far too much has gone missing, letters + parcels for me to risk your 702.

and once ive sorted the insurance, the road tax next month, its a flip between new disks/pads (as ive done 109kmiles) or a 702,, but it wouldnt seem like the Same car without the light,, but im sure Someone sitting heavily on a seat would soon pop it back on.

thank you very kindly for the offer, i shall decline tho due to the PO.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 20:09   #9
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_d View Post
Many thanks for that , if it puts that Dang light out,,
unfortunatly tho the avatar is stopping, im Sharing the lovely thing for a lot longer,,

many thanks on the kind offer on the loan, but i fear with the "PO" we have ,and deliverys to me, i can only say Thank you but i shall decline, Far too much has gone missing, letters + parcels for me to risk your 702.

and once ive sorted the insurance, the road tax next month, its a flip between new disks/pads (as ive done 109kmiles) or a 702,, but it wouldnt seem like the Same car without the light,, but im sure Someone sitting heavily on a seat would soon pop it back on.

thank you very kindly for the offer, i shall decline tho due to the PO.
No problem. I had the same problem before when things would go missing. I think it would be a nice idea for people who live close to each other, to share some things. It would save people a fortune plus it would make this forum an even friendlier place. If you happen to drive by, you know where to find me...