Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

D4 VEA Start/Stop - Stalling & Lumpy running

Views : 4957

Replies : 24

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 19th, 2018, 09:38   #11
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrain View Post
Hi, yes the 4 cylinder model.

The EGR has already been replaced, so could this still be the problem?
yes it could in a small number of cases , a free fix may still be applicable if the appropriate fault code is stored , has the light come on yet?
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 09:41   #12
mbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
yes it could in a small number of cases , a free fix may still be applicable if the appropriate fault code is stored , has the light come on yet?
It's under the Selekt warranty for anther 7 months. I don't get any fault lights, which is frustrating!
mbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 10:04   #13
mbrain

Unhappy

Hi Clan. I can't respond to your PM as I don't have enough posts!
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 10:43   #14
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrain View Post
Hi Clan. I can't respond to your PM as I don't have enough posts!
OK I would take it in to volvo and tell them you suspect the egr vale is sticking open
Old Sep 19th, 2018, 11:05   #15
mbrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clan View Post
OK I would take it in to volvo and tell them you suspect the egr vale is sticking open
Will do, thank you for your help
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 08:59   #16
Turnwood

My 2015 v60 d4 vea manual (owned from new - 112k on clock) has had the same issues as the OP during the last month or so. It is fitted with the latest EGR equipment. When we went up to Scotland on hols last week the thrusting under acceleration worsened and I got the turtle message on the dash advising reduced engine performance. On our way down to the lakes the EML came on so I stopped in at Volvo Kendal for them to take a look. Fault codes indicated some sooted sensors including the MAP sensor. The tech found the MAP pipe to be heavily blocked with soot so this was replaced (£120). I think this the pipe between the EGR and the turbo?

Have been to Dorset and back to Suffolk since then and everything running much more smoothly now. The tech suggested that cheap supermarket fuel might have led to the soot build up (I run almost exclusively on Sainsbury’s diesel). Will try BP normal/premium for a few weeks to see if that makes any difference to the smoothness of the engine/economy.

I am concerned that this problem was in some related to the EGR despite me having the latest fix. Does anyone have a schematic showing the layout of the exhaust system (EGR, turbo, exhaust etc.)?

Last edited by Turnwood; Oct 2nd, 2018 at 09:02.
Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 10:18   #17
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turnwood View Post
My 2015 v60 d4 vea manual (owned from new - 112k on clock) has had the same issues as the OP during the last month or so. It is fitted with the latest EGR equipment. When we went up to Scotland on hols last week the thrusting under acceleration worsened and I got the turtle message on the dash advising reduced engine performance. On our way down to the lakes the EML came on so I stopped in at Volvo Kendal for them to take a look. Fault codes indicated some sooted sensors including the MAP sensor. The tech found the MAP pipe to be heavily blocked with soot so this was replaced (£120). I think this the pipe between the EGR and the turbo?

Have been to Dorset and back to Suffolk since then and everything running much more smoothly now. The tech suggested that cheap supermarket fuel might have led to the soot build up (I run almost exclusively on Sainsbury’s diesel). Will try BP normal/premium for a few weeks to see if that makes any difference to the smoothness of the engine/economy.

I am concerned that this problem was in some related to the EGR despite me having the latest fix. Does anyone have a schematic showing the layout of the exhaust system (EGR, turbo, exhaust etc.)?
that is not related to EGR it is a Exhaust manifold pressure sensor , it is connected to the manifold with a small bore pipe about 6 inches long to protect it from the heat . Perhaps over the high mileage you have done it collected too many soot particles .
Old Oct 2nd, 2018, 12:29   #18
Turnwood

Thanks clan - that is very helpful. Perhaps given their high (and similar) mileage the OP had the same issue as me - would be interested to know how they got on.

Turnwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2023, 23:37   #19
iantic

Has anyone managed to solve this issue?

I have the exact same one with my V40 D4
iantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2023, 05:57   #20
Lojzek

Did you get any check engine light on?
Lojzek is offline   Reply With Quote