Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo BT Phone P2v2 - Phone Module (PHM) Bluetooth update

Views : 87290

Replies : 411

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 29th, 2020, 08:43   #281
Mastiz

Just found out about this bluetooth PHM. I wasn't able to find out where to buy one in 2020, could you point me to some reseller? Thanks!

Last edited by Mastiz; Jan 29th, 2020 at 09:43.
Mastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29th, 2020, 11:17   #282
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiz View Post
Just found out about this bluetooth PHM. I wasn't able to find out where to buy one in 2020, could you point me to some reseller? Thanks!
d5t5 eshop.
Old Jan 29th, 2020, 12:19   #283
Mastiz

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
d5t5 eshop.
Great, thanks!
Mastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1st, 2020, 14:46   #284
marekbm

few optimizations.

v2020-02-01_1
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 11:48   #285
MQ9

Hi Marek & BT Phone users,

I have had the module intalled by a distributor in the Netherlands, they have done a proper job and I am happy with being able to have bluetooth music streaming over my High Performance sound system in my 2006 XC70 D5.

Updated the firmware today as per the included instructions and it was made even easier to do because of the youtube instructions. Many thanks for that link.

One question regarding the following; when picking up the phone using the PHM and the sound coming over the headrest speaker and speaking into the mirror located mic, I get the feedback from callers they can hear themselves. Is the speaker volume to high? Or the Mic volume? Other than that they can hear me properly albeit with some car noise. If I then take the handset piece located in the armrest, the quality improves a lot for the one calling me. Any suggestions how I could manage the quality over the headrest & mirror mic?

Other than that, many thanks for your continued effort in keeping the module up to date and providing improvements based on user feedback.

Greeting from a happy user,

Tijn
MQ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2nd, 2020, 21:36   #286
marekbm

there is not echo canceling on the bluetooth module so it can happend.

is the second party voice going only over the headrest speaker or also radio is not muted and it goes also from radio speaker? if this is happends then i recomend you to go to the PHM setting and enable radio mute during voice call. it is original PHM setting not bluetooth module settings.

if radio is muted during the call and this happends (and also if second party hears some extra noise from the car) then as the first step try to set microphone gain lower (bluetooth module settings).
set the gain and try to make a call. if still high then sel lower value and make another call.

and if you want to decrease the headrest speaker volume then use +/- buttons on the steering wheel during the call not bluetooth module settings (that is used for radio input).
Old Feb 3rd, 2020, 18:07   #287
MQ9

Hi Marek,

Thank you for the quick response. I have set the mic volume lower. I will evaluate this week.

Tijn
MQ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 06:10   #288
1981George

I was wondering if Marek or someone else can help me on how I connect two iphones at once.

I've got two phones and both have been connected to the PHM. When I get in the car one of the two will connect.

I've put the latest firmware on yesterday. Then I think I have turned the option on by initally dialling ### to disconnect all devices, then 0# to turn on two devices option.
I can then connect the first phone but the second one won't connect.

If I am able to get both phones connected I understand my music will play from one of them but if a call comes in on either phone I will be able to receive it through the hands free, is that correct?
1981George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 11:02   #289
marekbm

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1981George View Post
I was wondering if Marek or someone else can help me on how I connect two iphones at once.

I've got two phones and both have been connected to the PHM. When I get in the car one of the two will connect.

I've put the latest firmware on yesterday. Then I think I have turned the option on by initally dialling ### to disconnect all devices, then 0# to turn on two devices option.
I can then connect the first phone but the second one won't connect.

If I am able to get both phones connected I understand my music will play from one of them but if a call comes in on either phone I will be able to receive it through the hands free, is that correct?
"###" disconnect just the second device.
"***" disconnect everything.
"*0#" enable multiple connection
"#0*" disable multiple connection

but if enabled before the update tem it should be enabled also after that. this is strange.
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 11:44   #290
1981George

Quote:
Originally Posted by marekbm View Post
"###" disconnect just the second device.
"***" disconnect everything.
"*0#" enable multiple connection
"#0*" disable multiple connection

but if enabled before the update tem it should be enabled also after that. this is strange.
Hi Marek, it's working now. It was my fault, I had misread the instructions I wasn't dialling the first * to enable the multiple connection. I wasn't clear in my description, I'd not tried a firmware update until yesterday but thought I should do to allow the multiple connection.
Thanks for taking time to look and respond.
1981George is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bluetooth handsfree radio