Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Stabiliser anti roll bar link

Views : 828

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 20:30   #1
g4jnw

Default Stabiliser anti roll bar link

Have an S80 year 2000 and have a clonk when i run on rough ground which after the winter is most roads.
Have read that the clonk is usually the STABILISER ANTI ROLL BAR LINK
that causes the problem.
The parts seem quite cheap from what i see and could get 2 rear and 2 front for around £40 so am thinking of replacing them all.
Question is, I can't find either a video or instructions how to replace or details after they have been replaced ie; do i need to have anything checked afterwards?
For eg will it effect the wheel alignment in anyway.
Or is it simply unbolt and bolt on?
Sorry to ask basic questions but never done this before.
Thanks guys and gals.

Just a thought just found a link on utube on how to replace a V70 stab link is it the same?
If so doesn't seem a problem
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WE3ow...BF603118F5BC2D

Last edited by g4jnw; Mar 22nd, 2011 at 20:47.
g4jnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 22nd, 2011, 21:55   #2
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

Here's a 'How to' I wrote about drop links:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=102267

I highly recomend fitting Meyle parts. The quality is far, far superior than the other stuff I've seen
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swedishandgerman For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 08:23   #3
g4jnw

Thumbs up

Thanks for that, will get the recommended parts, think I will just do the front at first as i think thats where the noise is coming from, special note on axle stands, yes i do need to invest in those - and now you have mentioned them will take that as a warning!!!

Thanks for the very good guide - should be on a sticky for beginners like myself - if it isn't already.
g4jnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 23rd, 2011, 10:27   #4
swedishandgerman
Premier Member

I think I read somewhere on here about a website 'allgermanparts' (or something similar) that does Meyle parts. I got mine from Partservice in Exeter and they'll stick stuff in the post. I was delighted at the price which was equal to the tat you can buy from elsewhere and much cheaper than genuine. Usually, I swear by genuine Volvo parts, but I must say that the Meyle drop links are even better quality.

I asked for the write up to be a sticky, but they put it in the Articles section which I'm not sure is the most easy place to be found

By the way, whack a bit of WD40 on those bolts the day before you try to undo them

Good luck!
1970 Amazon 2-Door
1970 142DL
swedishandgerman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to swedishandgerman For This Useful Post: