Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

still having trouble

Views : 2118

Replies : 19

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 11th, 2012, 21:03   #11
paulcodurham

Smile

ill do that, also i have ordered a turbo pressure control valve, ill put that on 2moro aswell as remove the blanking egr, then ill start looking into the fpr and go from there, thanky for your advice, ill keep you updated, thanks again much appriciated
paulcodurham is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to paulcodurham For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 17:30   #12
paulcodurham

had the turbo boost control changed today and its stayed the same, im now gona do the fuel pressure regulator i duno were is best to get 1
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 19:15   #13
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcodurham View Post
had the turbo boost control changed today and its stayed the same, im now gona do the fuel pressure regulator i duno were is best to get 1
Sorry to say but that really doesn't surprise me as your error codes are for fuel pressure and nothing to do the TCV.

Now you are focusing in the right direction have you found the part number you need for a FPR? If not then let me know and I'll have a look. You really need to do the following first before replacing more unnecessary parts:

Take out the EGR blanking cap.
Check electrical connection to the FPR.
Check fuel filter is no blocked.

Beyond this you are looking at needing a new FPR itself.

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 19:52   #14
paulcodurham

hi, yer i moved the egr blanking plate and have checked all the wires, i have tried to look for the part number but cant seem to find it, would you beable to see for me please, much appriciated, thankyou so much i feel like im getting closer to finding the problem
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 21:54   #15
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Okay I'm having a little difficulty in obtaining the part number for just the sensor itself.

Your best course of action is call Rufe - FRF Motors Swansea - Volvo Dealer Swansea.

Give these guys a call and quote discount code 'C3' to get their best price for forum members. Then obtain a price from Rufe along with the part number for the part you require and post back here with the price & part number please (it may help other out later).

Info to be able to call Rufe - Click on this LINKY! and go to post #541 (top of page) or #550 (bottom of the page) and the contact details are there that you need.

Old Sep 13th, 2012, 09:27   #16
paulcodurham

hi rang rufe today and they said i cant buy the fuel rail sensor seprate it comes complete and the pest price the came up with was £210 pound the part number is 31216186
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 19:08   #17
SonyVaio
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonyVaio View Post
Okay I'm having a little difficulty in obtaining the part number for just the sensor itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulcodurham View Post
hi rang rufe today and they said i cant buy the fuel rail sensor seprate it comes complete and the pest price the came up with was £210 pound the part number is 31216186
Yeah that is what I found too.

When I looked I couldn't find a part number for just the sensor but could see it in a picture in VIDA, I didn't think it could be right that you have to purchase the whole rail as the the sensor is not seperate - Bonkers!!

It makes a relatively cheap part pretty expensive - Ouch @ £210.

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 20:36   #18
paulcodurham

hi, changed the fuel rail today and its still the same, made no difference.

i have noticed that when the car starts straight up without revs the turbo actuator opens straight away, i have been told this shouldnt open untill the car revs up

the turbo works fine straight away then the boost goes off less than a minute later and still going into limp mode showing the 2 codes i stated earlier, its got me baffled now lol

with the boost going off is why i changed the turbo boost controll and i changed the fuel pressure rail aswell and nothing, im thinking about putting it into volvo. only other thing is could a injector be faulty?
Old Sep 14th, 2012, 23:28   #19
SonyVaio
VOC Member

The codes point blatantly to fuel pressure, I wouldn't worry about the turbo yet as the turbo only seems like it is not working correctly because it is going in to limp mode.

Are you 100% sure that the fuel filter that had been fitted is both the correct filter and installed correctly? Did you actually check the electrical connections to the FPR, did you check them with a Voltmeter??

I really don't think it is injector related as the codes would be completely different. Although codes are a great aid they are not always pin point accurate.

The only other thing I can think of causing poor fuel pressure beyond the fuel filter and FPR is the actual fuel pump. You really don't want it to be that!

Hope you get to the bottom of the cause soon and are back up and running again.

Old Sep 14th, 2012, 23:52   #20
paulcodurham

its getting the better of me lol, im going to book it into the garage next week, ill keep you updated

thankyou for your advice, its much appriciated