Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC40 '18> General

Notices

XC40 '18> General Forum for vehicles post 2018 on the Compact Modular Architecture or CMA Platform

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2022 XC40 P8 Pure electric. Some comments

Views : 3253

Replies : 11

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 25th, 2021, 13:17   #11
Oop north

The garage clearly wasn’t expecting us when we got there for the test drive. Saw another couple drive away in the Bev xc40 while they had to clean a phev for us to try. Bit miffed the salesman blamed me for booking the wrong version. Well, the email from Volvo says I booked the full electric version actually…

Anyway - after more digging, searching press releases and EV websites, the 4wd 400bhp is not available in the xc40, it’s in the c40 now - the coupe version. The xc40 has 230bhp and front wheel drive only. While I would much rather play with 400bhp, and having a total of 850bhp between this and the xc90 phev I am probably getting (giving a combined 14x the bhp in the children’s car), we actually found the electric motor in the phev xc40 perfectly adequate for general driving. And it will be quite a bit nippier than my wife’s freelander. We could get the coupe one but can’t look at one in the metal until after we have to order so not sure we want to take the risk

The driving position works for my wife’s back which is the important thing and we found it to be quieter and with a better ride than my ipace, which was a very pleasant surprise. Am hoping the full EV version will ride no worse than phev…
Oop north is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28th, 2021, 11:23   #12
Woodworkprojects

Haven't logged in to this forum for some time: have found that the US forum at XC40Forum.com has a lot more traffic than this site, although the cars there have different spec.
I've had my P8 First Edition since May and like some bits such as the sat nav and the acceleration but have quite a few issues with the car as a whole. Main points are:
  • Inability to play my own music by USB
  • Shockingly poor operating system, not really fit for purpose and certainly does not yet do a lot of the things promised at launch
  • I actually find the car a bit small after my Sportage
  • On the subject of the operating system the speed limit display really, really bugs me. Had it in to the dealer after a 1400-mile trip to the Western Isles when displayed limit in the driver display was wrong more often than it was right. Software update has improved things slightly but it still shows phantom 50 and 60 mph limits on dual carriageways and on one local 60 mph road shows 70. (A45/A6/A14 area Northamptonshire)
  • Have also discovered that the bodywork between the tailgate and bumper is plastic, and easily damaged when loading and unloading heavy suitcases.
Having said all that I do enjoy driving the car but am glad I leased it as I will replace it after 3 years with something with longer range: my real-world range on motorways is a fraction over 200 miles (and would be less if it was not for the 50 mph limits seemingly everywhere!). Also not keen on Volvo's announced switch to "vegan leather" (another way of saying plastic?).
Woodworkprojects is offline   Reply With Quote