Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "General Topics" > General Volvo and Motoring Discussions

Notices

General Volvo and Motoring Discussions This forum is for messages of a general nature about Volvos that are not covered by other forums and other motoring related matters of interest. Users will need to register to post/reply.

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Selekt used warranty cost?

Views : 547

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 9th, 2020, 17:42   #1
Adrian888

Default Selekt used warranty cost?

Trying to find a cost online for an additional years Selekt warranty - any ideas anyone?
Adrian888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 06:54   #2
green van man
Premier Member

Don't bother, put the money under the mattress and you have it towards bill in case things go wrong are for whatever you want if they don't.

Check what the warrantee covers (Not a lot) and work out how likely you will need it compared to needing the things not covered.

Paul.
green van man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to green van man For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 07:50   #3
Adrian888

Thanks but that isn’t what i am asking! Irrespective of what i do i still need to know the cost......
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 08:49   #4
37 RUBY
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrian888 View Post
Trying to find a cost online for an additional years Selekt warranty - any ideas anyone?
Last year's was £565 and it did pay for three things but when totted up left me £40 out of pocket than if I'd paid for the work myself.

This years quote was £745 but I haven't taken it out as I'm doing as Green van man is doing.

These prices were against a 2015 D5 XC70 with 73k miles.

Can I ask why you ask this ?
37 RUBY is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 37 RUBY For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 11:32   #5
Adrian888

Am negotiating with Volvo for all the hassle i am having with my car. Bought a used Volvo 7 weeks ago and already had it off the road 7/8 days for repairs plus **** up with V5 at handover delayed collection for 4 days.... not remotely impressed with Volvo. Was offered 50% discount on an additional years warranty however i Think i will ask for a free service instead.
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 13:26   #6
Austin160
Master Member

Rather cynical, but if you are dissatisfied with your treatment so far, why are you considering a ‘free’ service at an establishment you already don’t trust?
‘Free’ service? Could equal driving it in, and picking it up later when it’s been washed!
Austin160 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Austin160 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 14:01   #7
Adrian888

Where did i say the free service would be at the dealer i bought it from...?! That dealer downright lied to me regarding repairs prior to collection so this issue is now a dialogue with Volvo UK.
The Following User Says Thank You to Adrian888 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 14:03   #8
scbamber

As you bought it only 7 weeks ago you might want to think about a better option, ie rejecting the car outright as you are still within the time limits.
scbamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10th, 2020, 15:44   #9
Adrian888

Have put that option in writing to protect my situation. Problem no 1 is i spent money on having a towbar fitted independantly of the dealer (they quoted me a price the day before collection even though i had been asking for over 2 weeks....). Problem 2 is i shelled out for Polestar optimisation to take advantage of a local offer and, we go on hols this Thursday driving to Prague so bit stuck if i now reject it. It is also on finance so will have an argument to get my full deposit back due to finance charges over short period. However if anything else goes wrong i will be making a big song and dance on social media and name and shame the selling dealer. The dealer who is fixing it is ok, simply doing what they are asked to do by Volvo. It is a lovely car but i am millimetres from the end of my tether with it and if i reject i will not replace with another Volvo. Once bitten...