Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Anti-diesel hysteria - should I go for T8 instead?

Views : 6328

Replies : 88

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2019, 09:36   #81
Haldex
Premier Member

If I remember correctly, you said you'd be getting it through volvo diplomat sales- in that case I recommend the RD + the diplomat pack - it pretty much includes all the bells and whistles.

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Haldex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 11:39   #82
Duri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nu11eaf View Post
I don't think you will be disappoined with your choise.
If your options do not include the 4 zone climate I would add that to add a bit of luxury to the rear of the centre tunnel as it looks bland without it, but very nice with it @ £550 or the 7 zone comfort pack which includes the 4 zone climate @ £900. (UK pounds)
Your packs are not named the same as in my price list so you may have optioned them.
Yes, I got the 4-zone AC, also for the 3rd row.
No sport seats, no air-suspension and no B&W audio (only Harman & Kardon). But other than these things, I think everything else is included.
past: XC60 D4 FWD AT (MY 2015)
Duri13 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 11:45   #83
Duri13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haldex View Post
If I remember correctly, you said you'd be getting it through volvo diplomat sales- in that case I recommend the RD + the diplomat pack - it pretty much includes all the bells and whistles.
Yes, diplomatic sales. But I was told that since January there are no longer special diplomatic price lists (neither diplomatic pack) and all the diplomatic sales now go through Volvo Belgium, using the standard BE/LU price list but with some diplomatic discounts. Which meant that now with annual Luxembourg Autofestival the price for me dropped by 6500EUR, compared to December.

R-D would be nice, I wanted to get it especially for sport seats but somehow I feel too much squeezed in them and I do not think I'm oversized (190cm/85kg). That is why I went for comfort seats and Momentum (this is not a sport car anyway). It was tempting to go for Inscription but I was not convinced about Nappa leather and all the issues I keep reading about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Duri13 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 12:55   #84
Haldex
Premier Member

I'm about your size - and loving the RD seats.. but you're right- they are a bit deeper and tend to "hug" a bit more than the comfort ones..

XC40 B4 RD AWD
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 13:49   #85
Duri13

I am not able to assess how comfortable that hugging would be after 10h.
Plus my wife is slightly wider than me (don't tell her I told you!) and I think she might end up hating driving that car so I went for a safer choice.
But as I said, I still have some time to decide the final trim. If the money was not an issue, I would be tempted to get R-Design with T6 engine. But with my 30k km per year, it would cost me about 15000EUR more over the life span of this car in my household and that is just too much.
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 19:48   #86
siebek

I'm planning to buy new V90 and my current options are:
- V90 Cross Country D4
- V90 Inscription T8

Both are similarly equipped and cost approximately the same ($3000 in favor of V90 CC).

So earlier this week I was certain I will go for V90 CC D4, since it seems to be perfect car for Norwegian climate and roads. I live on country side where roads are quite bad and during winter (Nov - Apr), driving conditions are typically terrible (lot of snow and slippery).
Today I was tempted by the sales guy to try V90 T8 and I loved it... powertrain was just great! Seamless switching between full electric mode and hybrid mode, lots of power and so quiet! The only issue I've noticed during test drive, was loss of traction when rapidly accelerating from full stop (snowy and slippery road). It took more than "half a second" for CE to kick in.

Anyway I started to wonder which is more future proof car...
I'm not afraid that Diesel cars will be forbidden within next few years, but 2 things make me a bit reluctant:
- sale value in few years (Norway is crazy country when it comes to electric vehicles...)
- AdBlue, since during winter we're experiencing periods of at least couple of weeks with temperatures between -10 and -20*C. Anyone having issues with AdBlue in cold climate? It's -11*C freezing temperature scares me a bit...

As it comes to T8, I'm mainly afraid how the reliability will be - it's quite sophisticated and complex drivetrain!
siebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 20:09   #87
jucas80

Xc60 2019 D4 with adblue and no problems here in Finland and it has been two weeks -20 to -30 degrees.
jucas80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2019, 20:27   #88
siebek

@jucas80
Thanks for reply. Heard some sad stories regarding AdBlue, bot none related to Volvo cars. Good sign
siebek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25th, 2019, 10:07   #89
Haldex
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siebek View Post
The only issue I've noticed during test drive, was loss of traction when rapidly accelerating from full stop (snowy and slippery road). It took more than "half a second" for CE to kick in.
We touched upon this subject somewhere on page 5-6 of this topic..

XC40 B4 RD AWD