Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 Wind Deflector Wanted

Views : 1655

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 2nd, 2018, 18:26   #1
Alvis21

Default C70 Wind Deflector Wanted

As per title. Does anyone have Volvo wind deflector for sale?
To fit a 2008 C70 D5 SE Lux I have just bought. Thanks.
Alvis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Alvis21 For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 12th, 2018, 22:03   #2
Sonolta

Default Volvo C70 II SE D5 Convertible Wind Deflector (2006 - 2013)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvis21 View Post
As per title. Does anyone have Volvo wind deflector for sale? To fit a 2008 C70 D5 SE Lux I have just bought. Thanks.
Hi there,

I've just ordered a brand new wind deflector on 11/1/18 for my 07/C70 SE D5 Geartronic from a vendor in Germany via a well known auction site. I made an offer of €79.00 + €14.90 = €93.90 (delivered) or £86.81 (delivered) which was accepted. Although my German isn't that great, I'm sure the description says that it comes with a case. Anyway, copy/paste the following item number into the search box or just click here.

For UK members, I'm a TopCashback (TCB) member (it's free to join - and no, I have nothing to do with the site in any way) the website in question is listed and you'll get a rebate FREE in addition to any other live codes. If you follow this link, it's a referral so you'll get a bonus once you've made a tracked/completed purchase via the TCB website. Also, there are other downloads for your computer browser, mobile app and others, so if you go to a website that TCB have listed, you'll get a notification message advising of the amount by percentage (%) or set amount in GBP (£).

FAO: MODS. I'm not soliciting or anything else. I'm providing the info in order to assist the OP about the wind deflector post and to make it known that UK members can earn rebates for online purchases, thus I'm simply sharing information with the forum members as they may not know about this, and you can earn FREE rebates with no money being spent! Who knew?
Sonolta is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonolta For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 13th, 2018, 10:03   #3
Alvis21

Default C70 wind deflector

Thank you for the info. I have it in my watch items.

Quidco is good too!
Alvis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 15:46   #4
Sysyphus

I have this wind-deflector, or at least a very similar one... for deflecting wind it is excellent... the one major drawback it has against the more expensive genuine Volvo item is that it does not fold up, so it does not fit in the boot.

This means you need to decide before leaving home whether you need the back seats or not. If any leg of your journey includes more than two people you have to leave the deflector at home.
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 16:33   #5
Sonolta

Exclamation Additional observations and questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysyphus View Post
I have this wind-deflector, or at least a very similar one... for deflecting wind it is excellent... the one major drawback it has against the more expensive genuine Volvo item is that it does not fold up, so it does not fit in the boot.

This means you need to decide before leaving home whether you need the back seats or not. If any leg of your journey includes more than two people you have to leave the deflector at home.
IMO, unless you can source a used OEM deflector and case for a lower price, it's likely to be a compromise, though storage and the generic version aside not being foldable, if there's only 2x persons travelling, then surely you just drop the roof down, fit the deflector and raise the roof.

The deflector I bought doesn't come with a soft case for storage though having contacted the vendor in Germany, they said they did have the storage cover which can be bought separately or as a package with the deflector (I didn't look for this), so in my case, as the deflector is of a fixed width with a hinged system to raise/lower behind the driver/passengers heads (not in half) then it's a means to an end, though if anyone can find a better price for a similar product, then do provide the URL and share with others.
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 17:21   #6
Sysyphus

Agreed... all-in-all I’m not disappointed with what I got for my money, just sharing my experience, and pointing out the main reason why I now occasionally find myself wishing I had waited a little and spent a bit more
Sysyphus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sysyphus For This Useful Post:
Old Jan 17th, 2018, 19:22   #7
Sonolta

Default Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysyphus View Post
Agreed... all-in-all I’m not disappointed with what I got for my money, just sharing my experience, and pointing out the main reason why I now occasionally find myself wishing I had waited a little and spent a bit more.
That's called hindsight (a wonderful thing) and everyone will at some time or other have wished they had done something differently, though it's a learning curve we all go through and if nothing else, we can pass on our experiences whether good, bad or ugly so others can hopefully make a more informed decision whereas in my case I had nothing or anyone to offer me guidance, but as it turns out, if nothing else, the OP has a starting point and can do additional research and compare prices, functionality and whether new OEM, new generic or used OEM is for them (or not).

On a complete tangent, does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions or otherwise about having your C70 (petrol/diesel/manual/auto) dyno tested, rear glass tinted, tailored floor mats in a choice of colours and edging, DRL and service reminder messages turned off and whether it's possible to have Xenon bulbs with associated relays/regulators or a set of Xenon headlights tested/fitted? I would think Xenon lights would cost an arm and a leg, but I would be interested to know what other C70 Series II owners think or their findings if they've done these things to their car.

Last edited by Sonolta; Jan 17th, 2018 at 19:29. Reason: Additional Text