Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General

Notices

C30 / S40 & V50 '04-'12 / C70 '06-'13 General Forum for the P1-platform C30 / S40 / V50 / C70 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

C70 aircon condenser replacement D5

Views : 1134

Replies : 8

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2018, 16:52   #1
Lord handpump

Default C70 aircon condenser replacement D5

Does anyone have experience in replacing there's and the steps needed to replace it .
Also there seems to be a couple of different condensers fitted to a 2008 c70 and ideally I don't want to wait till it's apart before I order a new one ( not from Volvo) .
Cheers
Chris
Lord handpump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14th, 2018, 14:05   #2
phil1968
Master Member

I replaced mine the other year, it took me an afternoon. The front bumper has to come off along with the intercooler, along with a load of other small components. You should really drop the engine radiator down with the condenser in it's cradle to be able to get enough clearance to extract the condenser (which entails draining the coolant & diconnecting the top hose) but I managed to just squeeze the condenser out & the new one in without doing that with a lot of cursing & swearing lol. I bought mine from Volvo so they supplied the correct part but I guess you could try & get the correct part info from your local dealer?

2008 C70 D5 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
phil1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 10:32   #3
Lord handpump

Thanks for that Phil , how much was the genuine volvo condenser ?
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 17:52   #4
iainmd

The replacement I got from euro car parts for our V50 was £90. It has been fine.

Past: 2004 Volvo S40 T5 SE
iainmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 18:52   #5
phil1968
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord handpump View Post
Thanks for that Phil , how much was the genuine volvo condenser ?
240 quid although as Iain said they are available cheaper as a pattern part.

2008 C70 D5 SE Lux Nav Geartronic
phil1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 20:10   #6
mobile

there was a recall on condensors on the v50, not sure if it extended to other models, I had mine replaced about 2 years ago for free. worth looking into.
mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 20:57   #7
Tobit

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil1968 View Post
I replaced mine the other year, it took me an afternoon. The front bumper has to come off along with the intercooler, along with a load of other small components. You should really drop the engine radiator down with the condenser in it's cradle to be able to get enough clearance to extract the condenser (which entails draining the coolant & diconnecting the top hose) but I managed to just squeeze the condenser out & the new one in without doing that with a lot of cursing & swearing lol. I bought mine from Volvo so they supplied the correct part but I guess you could try & get the correct part info from your local dealer?
My first post here. I'm replacing the radiator in my daughter's '07 C70 and finally have it out. Yes, small bits and pieces everywhere. Nothing like doing an 850 Turbo. Also a dearth of service in formation on the web for these P1 platform Volvos.

Tobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 22:21   #8
Lord handpump

Im gonna get an after market one. Im handy with the spanners and will have a go at most things , I just dont want to have to take it apart to find out which one I need . Then put it back together while waiting for it to arrive and then strip it again .
Old Feb 16th, 2018, 14:32   #9
D5Pete

I did mine last year. What can help is a UV torch which will show up where the leaks are: the air con lubricant has a UV-reactive dye mixed in. When you do it, it's worth changing your filter/dryer (the bottle-shaped thing which connects to the condensor), and also ensuring that your condensate drain works correctly.
D5Pete is offline   Reply With Quote