Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

T8 not starting in Pure Mode

Views : 1128

Replies : 10

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 11th, 2018, 13:20   #1
TheGate

Default T8 not starting in Pure Mode

Have had the XC90 T8 for nearly 1 year, and it has been mostly great. I now find myself being very gentle with the accelerator in order to achieve zero petrol journeys (I wish there could be a symbol in the HUD when you get close to the switchover point).

Anyway, I can't seem to make the car start up in PURE mode. I have changed all the preferences in the settings area, and they show PURE, but it always starts in Hybrid.

Is there any way to do this?
TheGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 18:52   #2
Adam1274

Does it not show the switchover point on the driver display? Only assuming the xc90 is the same as the xc60?

Only been driving mine 10 days and am still getting used to the different settings. I did notice on the ‘profiles’ page there is an option to default to pure on start up but I’ve not changed it as yet, I’ll give it a go tomorrow to see if it works for me.
Adam1274 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11th, 2018, 19:20   #3
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGate View Post
Have had the XC90 T8 for nearly 1 year, and it has been mostly great. I now find myself being very gentle with the accelerator in order to achieve zero petrol journeys (I wish there could be a symbol in the HUD when you get close to the switchover point).

Anyway, I can't seem to make the car start up in PURE mode. I have changed all the preferences in the settings area, and they show PURE, but it always starts in Hybrid.

From my experiments (only a month in!) this can be done via the profile settings
D76
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 10:17   #4
tostex

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGate View Post

You have the 'drop' sign which enables you to know when the ICE switches on.

As for the pure mode, I have the same problem. It always reverts to hybrid mode.
tostex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 11:07   #5
Milliner

The car will always start in Hybrid mode, unless you switch off when in 'off-road' mode. Apparently that will start up the in the same mode, but I've never tried it.

Bit strange we don't have a setting that makes the car either default to hybrid on startup or stay in the last mode selected. I guess they will claim (perhaps rightly) it's to encourage efficiency. How much efficiency is a different topic!

As for staying in electric only mode - you do really need a light touch and 30/40 mph limits to make it work in my opinion. In certain circumstances (especially uphill) progress feels painfully slow otherwise.
Milliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12th, 2018, 21:18   #6
Adam1274

Why do they put the option in the profile settings then if it can’t be done? Puzzled...
Old Feb 13th, 2018, 12:22   #7
Milliner

I'm not sure there is an option anywhere - where do you see it?

There is an option in the settings to setup an Individual drive mode where you can customise the settings yourself. Once set up, this mode appears at the bottom of the drive mode screen with all the others and likewise still needs to be selected each time using the silver roller.

Last edited by Milliner; Feb 13th, 2018 at 13:42.
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 11:28   #8
yeoman
Master Member

The default start mode is always hybrid mode.

I am unaware you can alter this.
yeoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 17:28   #9
Director76
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milliner View Post
I'm not sure there is an option anywhere - where do you see it?

There is an option in the settings to setup an Individual drive mode where you can customise the settings yourself. Once set up, this mode appears at the bottom of the drive mode screen with all the others and likewise still needs to be selected each time using the silver roller.
Can you link a customised profile to a key?
Director76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 20:10   #10
Milliner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Director76 View Post
Can you link a customised profile to a key?
Never tried it myself, sorry. We only use one key and the missus just uses my profile when she has it.