Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Scheduled Charging

Views : 2540

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2020, 16:26   #1
dennis1234

Question Scheduled Charging

I've been using the scheduled charging feature for my V60 T8 with no problems. Set up using the VOC app.
But recently it seems to have stopped working. The car starts charging as soon as I plug it in.
Has anyone seen this problem? Has anyone got any suggestions on what to do?
I did see another thread where this feature was reported as being intermittent. But for me, it was working all the time and now it is not working at all.
Here is the info in the manual:
https://www.volvocars.com/uk/support...vo-on-call-app
dennis1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 00:32   #2
Charlie70

I've had that problem a couple of times.
I had to delete the schedule completely (inc. saved location if I recall correctly) on the app, and create a new one from scratch. Then it started working again.
Charlie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 10:54   #3
dennis1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie70 View Post
I've had that problem a couple of times.
I had to delete the schedule completely (inc. saved location if I recall correctly) on the app, and create a new one from scratch. Then it started working again.
Thanks for the reply Charlie70. I've tried deleting scheduled charging and deleting the saved location, but when I set it up again it still was not working.
Old Oct 3rd, 2020, 11:37   #4
dennis1234

An email back from Volvo Customer Care suggests I should take the car into the dealer.
I'm sure this is a problem with the VOC app, but I suppose the next step is to do as they suggest.
Old Oct 3rd, 2020, 13:57   #5
Mick787

I don't mean to go off thread with this topic, but it may be of interest. We owned a BMW i3, it was purchased 6 months old and had been a BMW company car. When we took ownership and set up the BMW remote app for charging, we had exactly the same problem, it disregarded what we had and tried to have programmed into the car, time after time. After 3 months of going back and forth to the main dealership, we proved it was at their 'controlling end at BMW Connected Drive', nothing to do with the car. The first account had not been properly deleted from their system and was over-riding what we were wanting the car to do re charging times.
It did take ages to sort out and even the most experienced tech at the dealership could not understand what was happening. Is there a second set of programmed times sitting there and taking priority control of the car? You won't be able to tell. Just an idea!
Good luck.
We have just sold the car, not range anxiety, but cost to repair anxiety. The cheapest extended warranty was £718 per year. Be prepared!
Mick787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6th, 2020, 17:20   #6
dennis1234

Smile

Success. Scheduled Charging is working again.
But will it keep working?
All I did was edit the time for the scheduled charging and saved it again in the VOC app. But I had done this before without success, don't know what was different this time.
It may be a coincidence that it started working again now, nothing to do with me updating the time.

In reply to Mick787, I've had the car from new and it was working OK before. But thanks for the suggestion.
Old Oct 9th, 2020, 00:34   #7
Charlie70

I tested the scheduled charging again and one thing I noticed was that when changing the time, you not only had to confirm the change via the tick checkbox (top right) but also see the spinning update icon (next to the car symbol) start and stop to confirm that the car received it. Without this second aspect completing, the schedule function didn't work.

I also had to contact Volvo on call support as the journal function had stopped working, (no info loading from the car). They advised to uninstall and reinstall the app. That seemed to sort it out. Seems to be a common solution to the app problems
Charlie70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6th, 2021, 18:44   #8
bdo21

I have used scheduled charging with my XC90 since I bought it (in March) but the app annoyingly sends a fault notification every time the car is plugged in at home saying the car is not charging and to check the connection. The car then charges correctly overnight. I assumed it was just bad programming, incorrectly sending an error message when it is not charging despite being plugged in because someone had not tested the scheduled charging function. However, I assume many people use this functionality - do others have the same error message with the app or is it just me?

Thank you
bdo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18th, 2021, 19:20   #9
dennis1234

I've noticed that the app reports that 'I'm parked at a charging location' 30 minutes after I get home.
I've found if I wait until after the app has sent me this message to plug in the charger, it seems to work correctly, showing charging is 'paused'.

And to answer BDO21, yes, if I plug in the charger straight away I do sometimes see the error message you mention, as well as sometimes seeing the car charging or showing fully charged.

Last edited by dennis1234; Jan 18th, 2021 at 19:24.
Old Jan 19th, 2021, 23:19   #10
JeffCooper63

This may not be relevant, but I think I've concluded that you can't change a schedule time slot and get it sent to the car succesfully if the car is already plugged in - but it sure is a flaky system, to the point that I'm thinking of using a wifi relay (Shelly 1) to convert our charger into a smart one with web access and it's own scheduling.

If you're interested, there's a bunch of videos on you tube relating this to smart charging the MG ZS EV, which didn't have any smart chargung at all. Basically, it just interrupts the CP signal cable between charger and car.
JeffCooper63 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charging, hybrid, schedule