Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 Wants

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

DVD Region Unlock for XC60 In-Dash DVD

Views : 9972

Replies : 9

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 28th, 2011, 16:33   #1
jmills01

Default DVD Region Unlock for XC60 In-Dash DVD

Hi there,

I've recently purchased a MY 11 UK Spec XC60 D5 AWD R-Design with the Premium Multimedia Sound System. This includes an in-dash DVD player. However, it's region-locked to the UK region but many of my DVDs are US/Canada so I need to unlock it.

I've been able to do this for the RSE DVDs in the back, but can't find out how for the front.

Does anybody know either how to do this, or at least how to find the make and model of the DVD player so I can look up the process elsewhere?

Many thanks
jmills01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29th, 2011, 15:25   #2
jackitlz

Default I am wishing to find the same information

I don't see any replies here, but I was curious to know if you were able to find a solution for this elsewhere?
jackitlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31st, 2011, 09:35   #3
jmills01

Hello

No, unfortunately I'm still searching for a solution. I've posted on various forums without success and I took it into my dealer who apparently spoke to the technical folk at Daventry (?) and were told it "cannot be done". I'm not 100% convinced about that - I doubt Volvo ship a physically different unit for each region, much more likely they'd be able to set it.

So, if you have any bright ideas on this I'd love to hear of them.

(Still, having a DVD player in the front is quite useful when, as we were the other day, you're stuck on the Motorway behind an accident for an hour, even if the choice of movies was limited due to the region issue).

Thanks.
Old Aug 5th, 2011, 06:13   #4
dj898

jmills01/ How did you able to unlock RSE DVD players? When I have ours I sat down with the mehanic and only zones that we could see were usual 1, 2, etc. not 0 which would've been the multi-zone/free-zone.

For odd occasion I simply rip/copy the DVD as region free and play DVD+R on the RSE though I much prefer to be able to play natively... ^ ^

TIA
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8th, 2011, 11:29   #5
jmills01

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj898 View Post
jmills01/ How did you able to unlock RSE DVD players? When I have ours I sat down with the mehanic and only zones that we could see were usual 1, 2, etc. not 0 which would've been the multi-zone/free-zone.

For odd occasion I simply rip/copy the DVD as region free and play DVD+R on the RSE though I much prefer to be able to play natively... ^ ^

TIA
1. Make sure the source selected is DVD
2. Eject any DVD from the player
3. Select "Driver" or "Passenger" to control the player you're unlocking
4. Enter "7 7 7" on the remote
5. Press the PLAY button on the remote
6. You should now get a menu showing the current region code and the Region Change counter.
7. Pres "ENT" and then use the < and > keys to select region 0 (region free)
8. Press the STOP key to save and exit.

That worked fine for me.

If the region change counter gets to 5 you can't change it again, but that, too can be reset. If you have that issue, do steps 1-5 as above, then enter "1 3 6 9" on the remote. Then exit the menu. That should reset the RC counter to 0.

You obviously need to do the above twice, once for each player.

Hope this helps. If not, I'm stumped.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmills01 For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 7th, 2011, 00:36   #6
dj898

+1

thanks! finally got around to do it and worked like charm.
Now kids are enjoying the DVD we bought while we were in Japan. ^ ^
(Still the interences through the AUX inpit though)
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 06:14   #7
christopherhwwong

Hi. I am in the midst of ordering the RSE from USA (DVD Region 1) and my XC60 is in Malaysia (DVD Region 3). I know this may sound a bit stupid but once you reset your RSE DVD PLayers to Region 0 (All Regions), do you need to reset it again each time you play a DVD, regardless of which region it's from? I am asking this as it has been mentioned there's a 5x limit to changing the Region codes, so I am wondering why one needs to change the Region code again once it has been set to Region 0. Appreciate an insight from you guys. Thanks
christopherhwwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 09:47   #8
jmills01

No, the change is a one time deal - after you've done it any disc will play without further interventions.

Enjoy.
Old Mar 1st, 2012, 19:21   #9
christopherhwwong

Many thanks Jmills
christopherhwwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th, 2012, 23:04   #10
Andrejurse

Default Video In Motion

Hello Everybody,

As a Volvo fan from a long time ago, finally I bought my it´s a XC60 T6 R and the dealer schedule the delivery to this thursday.
Since last last week I´m reading all the posts to take as information as possible about how to enjoy the car and what could be a problem.
I have one question about the Video In Motion and I think I read somewhere else about it how to unlock this feature but I can´t find now where it is.
I know we can assemble an interface to unlock it but I would like to know if it´s possible to unlock the unit just updating the software like I did in my VW´s.
Sooner I take the car I would like to post some pictures.

Regards
Andrejurse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dvd region unlock