Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just ordered xc90 inscription

Views : 2623

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 10th, 2016, 18:18   #1
Goggers

Default Just ordered xc90 inscription

Hi everyone, my 1st post. And have a few questions
Taking my first leap into the world of Volvo and have just ordered (about 3 weeks ago):
Xc90 d5 powerpulse inscription, onyx black, contour sports seats, winter pack, xenium, family pack, aux fired fuel heater, flame birch wood, tinted rear windows, apple car play, bowers and Wilkins sound.

1. Expected delivery date of march (was a bit shocked but was told by dealer this was down to bliss in the xenium pack)
2. Will my car have PA2?
3. I'm concerned about road noise as lots of mentions on this forum. I have gone for 20inch standard inscription wheels but no air suspension - am I still expected to have the noise problem (if so am I likely to have the mods mentioned like b pillar insulation mentioned in other threads done by the factory)?

Any other advice or requests I should be making in advance of delivery would be most appreciated.

Trading in a 2012 Jaguar XF which has not caused me any significant issues

I'm in the UK just in case that makes a difference to answers of my questions

Thanks in advance
Goggers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 18:34   #2
nu11eaf
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggers View Post
Taking my first leap into the world of Volvo and have just ordered (about 3 weeks ago):
Xc90 d5 powerpulse inscription, onyx black, contour sports seats, winter pack, xenium, family pack, aux fired fuel heater, flame birch wood, tinted rear windows, apple car play, bowers and Wilkins sound.

1. Expected delivery date of march (was a bit shocked but was told by dealer this was down to bliss in the xenium pack)
2. Will my car have PA2?
3. I'm concerned about road noise as lots of mentions on this forum. I have gone for 20inch standard inscription wheels but no air suspension - am I still expected to have the noise problem (if so am I likely to have the mods mentioned like b pillar insulation mentioned in other threads done by the factory)?

Any other advice or requests I should be making in advance of delivery would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I hope you get your car delivered and registered before the new road tax rules come in on the 1st April, push your dealer on this.
your car will have PA2.
20" Wheels with continental tyres will be noisy as will the rear doors, noise from gaps where window blinds are fitted.
The XC90 is in my mind the most versatile practical car on the market with a nice smooth quiet and powerful engine for its size, but it is let down by the road noise, I expected a much quieter car at this price (as in road noise as D5 engine is quiet), if you can live with that you will love your new car.
nu11eaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 18:37   #3
Goggers

Thanks - I too hope it's before 1st April as only found out about the new tax system earlier this week
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 19:40   #4
neon
Premier Member

Quote:

2. Will my car have PA2?

Thanks in advance
Did you test drive an Inscription with 20" wheels for at least a day on motorways etc.
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 19:47   #5
Goggers

No they only had momentum or r design available when I test drove it. It was before I had discovered the road noise issues on here and I naively thought going for top trim would only be an improvement on what I thought was a really good car.
Thinking of going back and adding on 21 inch wheels as an option or might wait and see what the problem is actually like for myself first as I rarely drive without on the stereo on anyway and hoping the bowers will drain away the noise
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 19:51   #6
S60Chris
Master Member

Nice spec.

We ordered ours back in Sept and are expecting late March, so fingers crossed they'll be able to deliver yours in time.
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 19:58   #7
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
No they only had momentum or r design available when I test drove it. It was before I had discovered the road noise issues on here and I naively thought going for top trim would only be an improvement on what I thought was a really good car.
Thinking of going back and adding on 21 inch wheels as an option or might wait and see what the problem is actually like for myself first as I rarely drive without on the stereo on anyway and hoping the bowers will drain away the noise
Certainly strange that no one seems to have an Inscription to test drive, I thought that normally it is the top end trim with toys that is used for test drives.

I would save yourself a lot of potential hassle and try the Inscription with 20" wheels before you buy.
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 20:06   #8
synergyn9

I've also recently placed my order, mid September, expected end of Feb

T8 XC90 Inscription
Magic Blue
Amber Nappa Perforated Leather
Linear Walnut Inlays
Winter Pack
Dynamic Pack (Air Suspension, 21" Alloys)
Xenium Pack
Semi Electric Retractable Towbar
BLIS
Apple CarPlay
Bowers & Wilkins Sound

Can't wait
synergyn9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 23:18   #9
GMTRB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Certainly strange that no one seems to have an Inscription to test drive, I thought that normally it is the top end trim with toys that is used for test drives.

I would save yourself a lot of potential hassle and try the Inscription with 20" wheels before you buy.
My dealer had he inscription with 20" alloys when I test drove it
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 10th, 2016, 23:20   #10
GMTRB5

Quote:
Congrats - you'll love it

I'd wait and see what it's like for yourself first .. I don't find the road noise as much of an issue and love my car!
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote