Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Just ordered xc90 inscription

Views : 2622

Replies : 43

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2016, 01:42   #41
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xc902017 View Post
You'd need to have it independently tested if you were going to take the legal route.

Stage one: I'd write to the dealer first telling what you will engage an independent expert and a lawyer if they don't provide a resolution. Won't cost you anything and they can't just ignore a letter.

Stage two: armed with the evidence from an expert and possibly having a lawyer engaged (say £800) your dealership will have to take things much more seriously (i.e. more seriously than measuring your tyres for wear and making you pay the difference - which is laughable). NB It would have been a lot better to reject the goods within 30 days but all is not lost at this point.

Stage three: It is highly unlikely to end up in court but you may need to demonstrate that the problem is so bad that you would have to stop using the vehicle for a few weeks - brinkmanship if you like. There will be a bit of legal correspondence here say another £600. The chances are even worst case scenario you'd be offered an attractive trade in/ a swap for a similar vehicle plus all your legal costs. Best case, who knows.

If you don't take this legal route then your dealership is likely to think that the problem really isn't all that bad and therefore won't take your complaint seriously.

I'm afraid that's also the way I've been viewing the situation too - although I'd be very happy to be proven wrong.

Hey New Leaf - you are just up the road. I'll meet you on the A19 and compare cars?
Thanks for the useful advice. I am not sure if you are referring to my situation directly, but I do not feel that I am at the stage of taking it to that level unless the more amenable route became exhausted.
I have mentioned quite a few times that my dealer has been good. They have followed through on any issues, sometimes a bit delayed, but still followed through.
They have now completed the TJ issued by Volvo specifically for the XC90 with 20" wheels creating road noise. The dealer said Volvo know there is an issue and they have told the dealer to change my tyres which they are sending directly from Sweden. Other owners who believe their car is affected have been told that there is potentially more fixes coming.
This to me reinforces my perception that my car is noisy and that Volvo are committed to trying to resolve this for me and other owners affected at this point. I cannot ask for more than that for my personal situation currently. I will continue to post the facts as I see it, good or bad but hopefully good.
There was one frustrating point for me and that was that while my car was on order I noticed the 20" road noise thread and almost cancelled the car. I contacted the dealer and was told there was not an issue and suggested the usual about forums. There was no mention about TJ's being issued about this at any time before my car was delivered.
There is already a thread on 20" wheel noise so it may be better to post on that.

Last edited by neon; Nov 13th, 2016 at 02:01.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 23:47   #42
aab203

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon View Post
Thanks for the useful advice. I am not sure if you are referring to my situation directly, but I do not feel that I am at the stage of taking it to that level unless the more amenable route became exhausted.
I have mentioned quite a few times that my dealer has been good. They have followed through on any issues, sometimes a bit delayed, but still followed through.
They have now completed the TJ issued by Volvo specifically for the XC90 with 20" wheels creating road noise. The dealer said Volvo know there is an issue and they have told the dealer to change my tyres which they are sending directly from Sweden. Other owners who believe their car is affected have been told that there is potentially more fixes coming.
This to me reinforces my perception that my car is noisy and that Volvo are committed to trying to resolve this for me and other owners affected at this point. I cannot ask for more than that for my personal situation currently. I will continue to post the facts as I see it, good or bad but hopefully good.
There was one frustrating point for me and that was that while my car was on order I noticed the 20" road noise thread and almost cancelled the car. I contacted the dealer and was told there was not an issue and suggested the usual about forums. There was no mention about TJ's being issued about this at any time before my car was delivered.
There is already a thread on 20" wheel noise so it may be better to post on that.
I'm not sure if it has been posted already - but what's the TJ for the work you had done? Was it just the B pillar insulation?
aab203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 00:12   #43
Ctpurley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggers View Post
Hi everyone, my 1st post. And have a few questions
Taking my first leap into the world of Volvo and have just ordered (about 3 weeks ago):
Xc90 d5 powerpulse inscription, onyx black, contour sports seats, winter pack, xenium, family pack, aux fired fuel heater, flame birch wood, tinted rear windows, apple car play, bowers and Wilkins sound.

1. Expected delivery date of march (was a bit shocked but was told by dealer this was down to bliss in the xenium pack)
2. Will my car have PA2?
3. I'm concerned about road noise as lots of mentions on this forum. I have gone for 20inch standard inscription wheels but no air suspension - am I still expected to have the noise problem (if so am I likely to have the mods mentioned like b pillar insulation mentioned in other threads done by the factory)?

Any other advice or requests I should be making in advance of delivery would be most appreciated.

Trading in a 2012 Jaguar XF which has not caused me any significant issues

I'm in the UK just in case that makes a difference to answers of my questions

Thanks in advance
Hi Goggers,

Great car, you're going to love it! I have an Inscription as well, however with air suspension and the 21" wheels.....I've read lots on here about bad road noise but mine doesn't suffer and two friends XC90's are also fine. Must be a combination which we're lucky enough not to have.

You will have PA2.

Enjoy the car, just a shame the wait is so long.....my patience wouldn't have lasted :-)
Ctpurley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 00:31   #44
marceloavg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ctpurley View Post
Hi Goggers,

Great car, you're going to love it! I have an Inscription as well, however with air suspension and the 21" wheels.....I've read lots on here about bad road noise but mine doesn't suffer and two friends XC90's are also fine. Must be a combination which we're lucky enough not to have.

You will have PA2.

Enjoy the car, just a shame the wait is so long.....my patience wouldn't have lasted :-)
Same here on the third one XC90 II and still pleased no road noise...granted the one with 20 alloys was mainly used in trips to continental europe but brilliant car!!
marceloavg is offline   Reply With Quote