Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Hissing sound!

Views : 2662

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 14th, 2016, 08:44   #11
familymangreg
Premier Member

I'm the other guy who experienced this! See this thread.

:wq
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 21:39   #12
bod

Rang dealer today , thought I would give them the heads up on what the problem is, asked if it could be fixed quickly as I am going on holiday on Thursday and need the car to get to airport. Was told that they need to find out what the fault is first before fixing it, this is a pain as the dealer is 30 miles away.
The wiper failure warning has come up a few times as well in the last couple of days, not shown up since the 3 month quality service.
Hopefully this isue can be sorted quickly, just wish the dealer nearest me had been better at selling me a car and I wouldnt have the treck over to West Yorkshire to get the car sorted.
bod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 21:54   #13
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bod View Post
Rang dealer today , thought I would give them the heads up on what the problem is, asked if it could be fixed quickly as I am going on holiday on Thursday and need the car to get to airport. Was told that they need to find out what the fault is first before fixing it, this is a pain as the dealer is 30 miles away.
The wiper failure warning has come up a few times as well in the last couple of days, not shown up since the 3 month quality service.
Hopefully this isue can be sorted quickly, just wish the dealer nearest me had been better at selling me a car and I wouldnt have the treck over to West Yorkshire to get the car sorted.
If it's any help, my dealer diagnosed and fixed a problem on the same day as the car went in for its 3 month inspection.
The Following User Says Thank You to familymangreg For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 22:06   #14
bod

Only problem is that I am so busy at work I can't afford anytime out of the business, especially as Im going away on thursday.
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 22:31   #15
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
Can you not go to any Volvo dealer with the warranty.
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 20:01   #16
bod

Well got to Bradford this morning, traffic a nightmare to get ther for 8am, ended up taking 90 mins.
So the hissing could not be found , bloody typical, its been doing it since Thursdaylast week, everytime I have used the car, well today it disappeared!
I had a headight warnng light and the wiper service warning come on whilst on way over, told them about that.
So car software updated , and off I go back to work.
Noticed that the app has updated now so i can start the car from my phone! More about that in a while.
Driving back the wiper failure/service warning came on over twenty times, and yes you have guessed it , the car was hissing when I got back to Ripon!!!! And it was when I got home tonight. Well that will have to wait until after my holiday.

The remote start is really good, the service guy had not seen it before. You can start the car and it will run for a preset time upto 15mins, enough time to warm the car up, or cool it down in summer. You cant drive it off whilst its in this mode, (I did try when I jumped in , but the gearlever was locked and wouldn't move.)
When it activates the hazards flash a couple of times ,then car starts as normal.
I did think I would be able to start and unlock it remotely and drive it away, which would be quite cool.
Still a bit fed up that I wasted 4 hours driving around for nothing, might have to look at taking it to Knaresborough, although they didn't show a lot of enthusiasm in trying to sell me a new car after being a loyal service customer for 8 years!
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 20:44   #17
Lexman8
Premier Member

Quote:
The remote start is really good, the service guy had not seen it before. You can start the car and it will run for a preset time upto 15mins, enough time to warm the car up, or cool it down in summer. You cant drive it off whilst its in this mode, (I did try when I jumped in , but the gearlever was locked and wouldn't move.)
That's really surprising. I thought Remote Start wasn't allowed in the UK (and most of Europe), as it is illegal to leave the engine running in an unsupervised car, not to mention the emissions issues.

EDIT: To be clear, are you talking about Remote Engine Start or the Auxiliary Heater Remote Start?

Last edited by Lexman8; Nov 15th, 2016 at 20:48. Reason: Second thoughts...
Lexman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 20:44   #18
tem
Premier Member

This may be a daft question, but have you tried Volvo Assist?
They will come to your work place and if you can replicate the faults, they maybe able to fix them.
Just a thought.

If not, Volvo should give you a loan car to get you to the airport and pick you up on your return.

tem.
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 21:07   #19
bod

It says on the app, remote start, it tells me the temp and I can start it remotely.

There are a lot of pointers in the "about this function " one of them is a legal disclaimer regarding Volvos responibility for when and where it is legal(or not).

With regard to the hissing, I will wait until after my holiday, ai have too much to sort out without having anything else to think about, but the Volvo assit might be the answer.
Old Nov 15th, 2016, 21:20   #20
neon
Premier Member

I now have remote start added to my app on Ipad. Also on my Android phone.