Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

My third XC90

Views : 1051

Replies : 14

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2016, 09:24   #1
marceloavg

Default My third XC90

Hi All,

i am now on my third XC90, it will seem odd but I had a lovely osmium grey XC90 Momentum 2015 which I sold for a house purchase. Probably the best car I've owned, it had digital driver screen, family pack, winter pack, 20 alloys (not huge on road noise), sold it with 15k miles.

After a few months and regreating having sold it, I bought a black momentum non PP with again family and winter pack and upgraded 21 wheels - the interesting story is that I swapped this car before delivery date yes...I know), as the dealer received a stunning R-design I couldn't resist...they did me a good deal on my black undelivered one, despite being already registered to my name and I got a:

Power Pulse 2017
R-design
Crystal White
Xenium pack
Dynamic pack with 22 alloys
Winter with HUD
Nappa leather
Cd player
Family Pack
BLIS
Heated rear seats

The car is a gem, nicest looking XC90 (for my taste) and now with a massive 30 miles on the clock having owned for 2 days.

The car, being a nice Volvo, showed a fault yesterday : SRS Airbag, Service urgent, drive to workshop

Have you seen this one before? I have an option to return and ask for a replacement or refund I understand, but being the drive, looks and spec I wanted, is it worth fixing? What could the problem be?

I trust factory better than dealer fixes hence my question

Overal, being my third owned xc90 (second I am driving) , I still think it is the nicest SUV on the market, stunning looks and elegance

Thanks

Last edited by marceloavg; Nov 13th, 2016 at 10:09.
marceloavg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 09:46   #2
Lexman8
Premier Member

If the SRS fault persists get it seen to asap but it may go away and you won't see it again. Even if the fault remains it might be something trivial such as a bad connection somewhere. The dealer should be able to look at the fault log and determine what the issue is.

Congrats on the car, btw.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lexman8 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 10:05   #3
neon
Premier Member

Congrats, I really like the white, it looks great but would be forever cleaning it.
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 11:20   #4
GMTRB5

Quote:
Originally Posted by marceloavg View Post
Overal, being my third owned xc90 (second I am driving) , I still think it is the nicest SUV on the market, stunning looks and elegance
Couldn't agree more

Congrats on your new model BTW!
MY17 D5 PowerPulse R Design | Bursting Blue | Nappa Soft Leather | Carbon Fibre inlays | Winter pack | Family pack | Xenium pack | BLIS cross traffic | 7 seat comfort pack | 230v socket | Heated rear seats | Apple CarPlay | Subwoofer
GMTRB5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 12:15   #5
desiebear

Congrats on the new car

In terms of the error message I had the same on mine and it turned out to be the forward facing camera being faulty. It took some detective work and a trip to Volvo UK to get it sorted. It's not something you should ignore.
desiebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 15:46   #6
Soltan

Congratulations on the car, I hope to take the plunge soon myself.
Soltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13th, 2016, 16:37   #7
marceloavg

I've had the new shape 2014 x5, the new shape rr sport supercharged, disco 4, and despite the few issues that the car have in terms of electric messages I can safely assume it is the best car in terms of image, driving comfort, looks (dont like the pretencious look of the rr sport and how much attention it brings)... I would thoroughly recommend going for it
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 00:58   #8
neon
Premier Member

Quote:
I've had the new shape 2014 x5, the new shape rr sport supercharged, disco 4, and despite the few issues that the car have in terms of electric messages I can safely assume it is the best car in terms of image, driving comfort, looks (dont like the pretencious look of the rr sport and how much attention it brings)... I would thoroughly recommend going for it
I think the Q7 has the same image, a car people love to hate on the roads. That was one factor for me too. I find that drivers do not mind letting me in with the Volvo, even with it being a beast of a car. Maybe the increase in SUV's on the road is helping this too.

Last edited by neon; Nov 14th, 2016 at 01:02.
neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 12:51   #9
marceloavg

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiebear View Post
Congrats on the new car

In terms of the error message I had the same on mine and it turned out to be the forward facing camera being faulty. It took some detective work and a trip to Volvo UK to get it sorted. It's not something you should ignore.
They said it is a problem with one of the rear seat belt harnesses and they are ordering a new part...should I be concerned about it?

They said I can collect the car and it is safe to drive
Old Nov 14th, 2016, 13:18   #10
familymangreg
Premier Member

Quote:
They said it is a problem with one of the rear seat belt harnesses and they are ordering a new part...should I be concerned about it?

They said I can collect the car and it is safe to drive
Hi, I had the SRS airbag warning after about 450 miles. Was told it was fine to drive but asked to drop it into dealer for them to take a look. Got the car back and the dealer said they couldn't find any issue, but had done (that magical fix for everything) a software update!

Seen the warning once since, somewhere between 4 and 6k.

:wq