Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Retrofit Adaptive Cruise Control / PA2?

Views : 16688

Replies : 82

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 24th, 2020, 07:53   #11
caspartfg

Thanks all, most appreciated.

In terms of Intellisafe, then I definitely have the unit behind the rearview mirror, and it gives me lane assist, collision detection, etc. I think this is packaged up as "Intellisafe Surround".

The Intellisafe Assist seems to make use of all those same sensors, but there is a need to update a hydraulic unit somewhere as well as unlocking of software.

https://accessories.volvocars.com/en.../2019/T5%20AWD
caspartfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 10:09   #12
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

If I understad the upgrades correctly, the Intellisafe assist gives you ACC and then there is a further upgrade to Pilot Assist 2 which gives the GPS linked speed controls.
However, it seems that not all Volvo model ranges are the same re what is there and what is not so that may not be the case for the XC range.
However, the ACC is still worth it's weight in gold if you do any regulart long journeys on the motorway etc. That is where it is really intended for use.

I agree that fears over drifting off are in many minds but it is no worse than driving without ACC. I remember all the doom merchants saying similar things about simple cruise control when it first became more widely available. I can't recall any surge in accidents attributed to cruise control/fatigue?
The issue is more about the ability for the human to react quickly from a lower state of involvement to a critical decision than any specific fatigue attributed to it's use.
Like all new tools, you need to learn how to use it effectively.
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 10:35   #13
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fursty Ferret View Post
Just to add to my last comment - I didn't think it was possible to spec the XC60 with Intellisafe but without Pilot Assist. Are you absolutely sure it's not fitted? You'll already have every sensor you need.
You can order it with Intellisafe Surround on its own which includes BLIS, CTA etc.
Intellisafe Pro is the only way of getting Pilot Assist and ACC, it also includes Intellisafe Surround.
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 14:49   #14
Kenp8257

I'm somewhat confused on reading this....

I thought all Volvo SPA cars have active cruise control and pilot (semi autonomous) assist?
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 15:12   #15
caspartfg

not mine - I've got normal Cruise Control and Speed Limit, but there aren't any active CC options and the buttons for setting the distance to the car in front don't do anything.... The car was registered in May 2019.... When looking at the configurator for new cars, it's still an option you need to add.
caspartfg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 15:34   #16
Moonlanders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenp8257 View Post

I thought all Volvo SPA cars have active cruise control and pilot (semi autonomous) assist?
ACC and Pilot Assist are standard equipment on all versions of the XC90 MY20 model. I can't speak for the XC60 or other models.
Moonlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 16:12   #17
Automatic Only

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenp8257 View Post

No it definitely isn't standard on the XC60. It is on the XC90 & S90/V90.
Old Jan 24th, 2020, 16:40   #18
Kenp8257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
No it definitely isn't standard on the XC60. It is on the XC90 & S90/V90.

Gosh..... I wasn't aware, really surprised tbh
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17th, 2021, 09:08   #19
Sekant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Automatic Only View Post
You can order it with Intellisafe Surround on its own which includes BLIS, CTA etc.
Intellisafe Pro is the only way of getting Pilot Assist and ACC, it also includes Intellisafe Surround.
Thanks to everyone for all the useful information. If anyone could respond to the question below, that would be welcome and appreciated.

I have a XC-40 with IntelliSafe-Surround including Blind Spot Information System BLIS, LCMA. What would it then take to retrofit the adaptative cruise control, only a software upgrade or would it also require to change the entire intellisafe system?
Sekant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2021, 22:22   #20
Thundercat

Hi, I have also been looking at retro fitting Intellisafe Assist to my XC60 T5 AWD R Design Pro, Polestar Software upgrade Late 2019. Just had the first service done, no issues, asked the Volvo main dealer, here in London. how much it would be have it fitted. The price they quoted was £1282.80. They would need the car in for 2 days, and some thing about changing 'something', pump and software upgrade, it was hard trying to hear what he what he was saying behind the face mask.

I recall before Xmas I asked for quote from Volvo Maidstone, and they quote me a price, slightly less than what was quoted by this dealer in London.

Just reading throught the thread and I can see the concern about dropping off etc. I do regular trips between London and the West country and having the IA fitted, which would mean I could finally come close to having that 'British Airways experience ' of relaxing and enjoying the journey.

Any one else wish to forum had it retro fitted and happy to share the cost of with other members?

Lastly thanks for the reminded on the Volvo Owner Club, should sign up right away!
Thundercat is offline   Reply With Quote