Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General > 850/x70 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1995 Silver 854 T5, manual

Views : 705

Replies : 1

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old May 23rd, 2016, 20:16   #1
T5Sweep
Master Member

Default 1995 Silver 854 T5, manual

I could really do with this gone by the weekend so I'll take sensible offers.

104k on the clock, serviced every 4k by myself as I'm a bit anal on oil changes!

Bad bits first;
Standard crusty front wing
Rear quarter has scratches due to the wing mirror glass making a bid for freedom at 70mph
Lacquer damage on the bonnet due to inconsiderate bird droppings
Slight whine from the belt side, although I had the cambelt/waterpump changed over Christmas, changed the alternator incase it was the bearings in there and also the idle pully, so it could be power steering pump as the steering feels a little disconnected to me anyway.

Good bits!
Immaculate inside as I hate dirty interiors so it gets a regular detail, one small hole in the A pillar from a previous phone holder.
Half leather, grey and black inside with heated front seats, heated wing mirrors and rear screen, trip computer, A/C (doesn't work, but I'm used to non-A/C cars so never bothered me), electric sunroof, keep fit windows in the back.

Spec is;
Apex 40mm springs, poly bushed bottom arms and engine top mount, new spring top mounts last year, essentially everything at the front was replaced, OE strut brace
New dizzy cap/rotor, Volvo plugs, Bugicorde (spelling?!) leads
***hs Titan Pro 10w40 Semi
It had a clutch/cambelt/waterpump over christmas, which required a new gearbox as what I thought was a noisy release bearing turned out to be the driveshaft bearing in the box had shat itself and scored all the inside of the casing! That cost me £1300 to sort.
RICA 304
Big Green cone filter in the stock bottom half of the air box, I still have the top half
Blanking plate on the recirc valve
Jetex 2.5" cat back
IPD BCS
302 brakes

I'll be putting the air filter and the ECU back to standard, the rest shall be left fitted.

Rear brakes are binding occasionally, I pulled them apart last year but the wheels I run aren't ideal for cooling! I did spend £200 on new calipers/discs/pads but just haven't got round to fitting them, I can include these in the sale for the right price.

It sits on S80 Canopus wheels, but I cannot let these go as they're rare as you like, so ideally bring your own set, bearing in mind they need to clear the 302 brakes though, not ideal I know but I'm struggling to find a set of wheels for sensible money to fit in the mean time.

Lacquer damage..

No idea what the going price is for these now, especially in manual form, I'm really open to offers but I'd be happy at a grand with the brakes thrown in as that'll pay for the new motor.

I can acquire more pictures if you so wish!

Thanks,
Ben.
T5Sweep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 23:22   #2
scootmuldoon

I'm interested in this,
You got any interior and engine bay pics?
scootmuldoon is offline   Reply With Quote