Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

850 / S70 & V70 '96-'99 / C70 '97-'05 General Forum for the 850 and P80-platform 70-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Nivomat shocks T5 1997 2.3 petrol

Views : 879

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 3rd, 2021, 21:02   #11
frustratedirated1
1996 850 CD T-5 owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
Expensive yes, outrageous? If something is going on between the ears, definitely not. Moving what will usually be heavy items about the globe is costly. Sellers can't put a stamp on this stuff for obvious reasons, thus we're forced into tracked couriers - that's what buyers demand. Else, buyers are onto their bank claiming they've not received said item. None of this comes cheap. It can mean a £2-3 item is £25 because with tax and courier, it costs £20 to move.

Note use of the English language here - no boat is involved - the current trend is to offer 'Free Delivery'

'Free Delivery' is not cheap either, instead buyers never keen to pay delivery, are given ever unrealistic cost expectations.

As for 8626028. Been down this road many times. Spent days researching it at one point, and good job I did. It enabled me to get a stash of these before things went silly.
From memory, this part comes under four numbers, and one colour. There's a BOSE number, a Sachs number and several Volvo numbers. The 4WD variant is different, with an unusual bar-mounting. Sachs gave these colour-bandings at one point - 8626028 was given a purple band.

These things are very good and not cheap. When I last looked, you're lucky to find a set for under £800. With springs + mounts - £1000? I sourced several sets for £150 before the current V70R/850R 'thing' decided their cars were worth fair lumps of cash. Fitted BiFuels and upgrunt 'R' variants as stock, an 'R' variant is best with them. A BiFuel is useless without. Hence I was forced to know this part well.

Prices seem set to go ever upward.
Much appreciated, CNGBiFuel.

Thanks for wading through all that bumph so I do not have to.

Do you have a link for standard T5 rear shock kits, if I cannot fit/find Nivomats?

Best

frustratedirated1
frustratedirated1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 4th, 2021, 00:19   #12
CNGBiFuel
Classic P80 1999 BiFuel

I must have put in a good day looking and cross-referencing this. I posted most of my findings in the past. OK, I omitted a few bits of crucial stuff, thus to make sure I had the fruits of my labour in dwindling supply stashed... However, if you can't find the arsedness to look for even that, and want it on nothing less than a silver platter, it seems to me you're set to get the exact parts you deserve?

Last edited by CNGBiFuel; Aug 4th, 2021 at 00:37.
CNGBiFuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22nd, 2021, 13:39   #13
Cyltapen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGBiFuel View Post
I must have put in a good day looking and cross-referencing this. I posted most of my findings in the past. OK, I omitted a few bits of crucial stuff, thus to make sure I had the fruits of my labour in dwindling supply stashed... However, if you can't find the arsedness to look for even that, and want it on nothing less than a silver platter, it seems to me you're set to get the exact parts you deserve?
When I was a lad, "Amazons" were the biz ! To seriously own a Volvo, is to enter into an eternally rolling learning-curve so give frustratedirated1, a break.

Turning to the Sachs Nivos query raised here, have you checked the VIN plate suspension codes? These should be in the right hand box, 5 lines down. Reading from the left, digits 1 & 2 give the front strut, digit 3 is the front ant-roll bar, digit 4 is the rear shocker, digit 5 is the rear spring, digit 6 is the rear anti-roll bar, finally digit 7 is the steering rack. You'll have to decipher the codes for yourself, I can't find my list.

You're lucky not to have an AWD version, for which there are no alternatives to Nivos - these have a T-bar lower fixing. One alternative to check-out is the Monroe system.

Otherwise, there is the exemplary Jamie, at PFS Parts Ltd, Wellingborough, +44 (0)333 577 9961. Jamie's on leave, may be back when you read this, but what he doesn't know about Volvos is not worth knowing...

If you stick to the Nivo route, try the USA. Many Volvo dealerships offer stunning discounts because the States are Volvo's largest world market. In 2018, I brought in a PAIR of Nivos for my V70R AWD, for £425.00, delivered, duty paid. You may need a USA delivery address or try registering with forwarders such as US Go Buy.

Hope this helps.
Cyltapen is offline   Reply With Quote