Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Xc60 oil filter cartridges and many other models of Volvo!

Views : 478

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 18:31   #1
Adrian B

Default Xc60 oil filter cartridges and many other models of Volvo!

Recently bought and received these 3 items of ebay.
Item number
313573718097. Made in China like a lot of other items in the world including some OEM volvo parts. Fitted one and compared lots of design features. Cannot see or measure any differences to speak about.
Check them out!!
Cannot see any difference to many other Volvo compatible oil filters sold in the uk.
Fit most Volvo's, see description 👍
I am sure most owners feel reassured when paying a lot more . I understand but not all do!

Last edited by Adrian B; Jul 22nd, 2021 at 18:33.
Adrian B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 22:07   #2
Toprivetguns

For the sake of a few pound Id rather buy from Volvo or Opie oils. I have seen cheap paper filters fail. Would be good to analyse after a few thousand miles.
Old Jul 22nd, 2021, 23:15   #3
Deck1ng
Master Member

A fraction less than £2.20 each, free delivery, manufacturing costs and delivery to UK. So at a rough guess £0.50 each. I think I’d rather spend a few extra Bob and get something I know will last. Call me old fashioned but I do believe you get exactly what you pay for, and for such a vital component, £0.50p is just not enough.
Deck1ng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 07:32   #4
Adrian B

All fair comments and opinions. If they fail in any way I will report. I would also suspect that Volvo pay approximately 50p each to from China! I did for a few years work for Schumacher filters who originally was a German owned company with a plant in Sheffield. We made millions of oil refining cartridges in paper and poly for many industries . They have now been bought out by Pall filtration who has manufacturing plants in China so the price will have dramatically decreased in production costs but the retail price will remain the same and the quality will be the same. Volvo also have Four mahooosive manufacturing plants in China.
Just a thought. Like Stella Artois some companies advertise their products are "reassuringly expensive"🙄
Not important but I did work in China and have seen some of the industry around Beijing,Shanghai, Xanging and a few other places before I retired. I was there primeliy helping to sort out the oil and gas transmission pipelines supplying fuels to the east coast of China from the Russias, Sakhalin Island, and the "Stan's"
Never visited a Volvo plant as I retired in 2010 and Volvo did not really establish there until 2014 approx. Just got involved with VW and Mercedes near Beijing, to look at the plants internal fuel gas supply focussing on dust particle separation/ filtration.

Last edited by Adrian B; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 09:17.
Adrian B is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Adrian B For This Useful Post: