Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

2001 V70 T5 Lpg Questions

Views : 1085

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 18th, 2011, 10:29   #1
alz4321

Default 2001 V70 T5 Lpg Questions

Hello all, I'm a new member and also new to volvo ownership. I have bought a 2001 ex-police T5. I'm looking to convert it to lpg (DIY). I have done a conversion (stag) before on an audi I had although I think the vapouriser was a little small as it used to struggle flat out. So anyway, I have a few q's.

1, Can anyone recommend a good kit supplier ?

2, Has anyone used a kenlowe pre-heater with their v70 and lpg system ? I may be able to get hold of one cheap and wondered if it was worth the effort.

3, Tanks ? Firstly what is the max size I could fit without a 7 seat conversion ? What effect would 7 seats have on the size of tank I could fit ? I've also been wondering about the possibility of fitting a smaller petrol tank and fitting an lpg tank in it's place ? Is this how the factory fit systems are ?

Cheers, Al
alz4321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18th, 2011, 17:43   #2
axle4

you need to talk to these guys

http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/index.html

very good and helpfull guys, have a good rep in landrover forums.

pre heater will meen you will get onto lpg faster on cold days, don't know if it is worth it though.

tanks, you can fit a 50/55 litre one in the wheel well, you could still have the rear seats in but the floor wouldn't sit down level or you could go for a upright one fixed onto one side, many be able to get a bigger one then.
axle4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 10:12   #3
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

If you give me a call I will go through all the options with you for the T5.

The instructions for fitting are for the V70 rather than genral instructions.

The main benifit of te pre heater is reduced engine wear and improved MPG as you are not having cold enrichment.

Regards
Dai 07824887160
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1st, 2011, 18:07   #4
don83000

Wink 2000 V70 AWD Auto 2.5 litre

Hi this is my first post on here and would just like to say I've just had a new system fitted by ( http://www.tinleytech.co.uk/index.html ) and its running just great. They fitted a 70 litre tank without altering the floor and fitted the fuel gauge / switch neatly by the side and just forward of the gear selector.
Ask to speak to "Mick" . You do not notice it change from petrol to lpg and we have noticed no power loss. According to the OBC on petrol we were getting a average of 23.2mpg (wife driving) I do 3mpg better lol) and average 19.3 mpg on LPG. LPG here in norfolk is around 81p litre and petrol £1.30 a litre and this is a mixture of town and main road driving.
don83000 is offline   Reply With Quote