Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V50/SHARK/MILLTEK/POLYBUSH/REMAP = 279hp & 420trq

Views : 31668

Replies : 159

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Aug 28th, 2012, 10:10   #1
marct1980

Default V50/SHARK/MILLTEK/POLYBUSH/REMAP = 279hp & 420trq

So finally got the V50 (2010) T5 back from Shark yesterday.....

went on a day trip to pick it up all the way from aberdeen which included flying to Luton, then driving all the way up to Mansfield (thanks Mark for the lift). The Shark guys had an open day in full swing when we got there which had some very nice cars showing up including there very own crazy golf!!

The Volvo was down for a full miltek Exhaust system 3" all the way through 200 cel sports cat and new cat back setup finishing with two great big tips poking out from below the rear bumper!!

Needless to say the thing sounds amazing, it is in no way too loud when you are cutting around town and just idling etc but if you open it up and head for the redline WOOOHOOO!!!

The Shark guys also fitted the whole car with polybush sets front and rear etc which as others on here will tell you (t5-monkey) are possibly the best value for money upgrade you can get. They are not as hard as making every thing shake and rattle but have improved the ride and handling ten fold !!!

The car already had the typhoon intake fitted also bilstien b14 coil overs.

Shark then performed the magic with a couple of remaps settling on a stage 2 giving me a very nice 275BHP matched up with 420trq.
Its hard to describe just how much the car pulls now and the noise that comes from the exhaust (video soon hopefully)

playing on a private road, 3rd gear just before the redline at 6500revs to be up to 110 and it just wanted to keep going.

pics etc on the way here are a couple to get it started ....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo copy 2.jpg (150.5 KB, 108 views)
File Type: jpg photo copy.jpg (155.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (151.1 KB, 98 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf V50_STG2_NOINTERCOOLER.pdf (43.8 KB, 43 views)
marct1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to marct1980 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 10:12   #2
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by marct1980 View Post
So finally got the V50 (2010) T5 back from Shark yesterday.....

went on a day trip to pick it up all the way from aberdeen which included flying to Luton, then driving all the way up to Mansfield (thanks Mark for the lift). The Shark guys had an open day in full swing when we got there which had some very nice cars showing up including there very own crazy golf!!

The Volvo was down for a full miltek Exhaust system 3" all the way through 200 cel sports cat and new cat back setup finishing with two great big tips poking out from below the rear bumper!!

Needless to say the thing sounds amazing, it is in no way too loud when you are cutting around town and just idling etc but if you open it up and head for the redline WOOOHOOO!!!

The Shark guys also fitted the whole car with polybush sets front and rear etc which as others on here will tell you (t5-monkey) are possibly the best value for money upgrade you can get. They are not as hard as making every thing shake and rattle but have improved the ride and handling ten fold !!!

The car already had the typhoon intake fitted also bilstien b14 coil overs.

Shark then performed the magic with a couple of remaps settling on a stage 2 giving me a very nice 275BHP matched up with 420trq.
Its hard to describe just how much the car pulls now and the noise that comes from the exhaust (video soon hopefully)

playing on a private road, 3rd gear just before the redline at 6500revs to be up to 110 and it just wanted to keep going.

pics etc on the way here are a couple to get it started ....
Bring that bad boy to York and we can put both of ours down the drag strip at the same time!

Is the typhoon a cone or cold air intake? Get shot of the heat insulation under your bonnet for even more noise!

Get a Rear Anti Roll bar next will really firm it up in the corners.

What tyres you using ?

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey

Last edited by t5_monkey; Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:15.
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 10:21   #3
marct1980

3" all the way!! i will try and get it up on the ramp today so i can get the pics done of the full system, First miltek full system for this volvo i had a nightmare with garages up here saying that the sports cat couldnt be done....

rear roll bar is defo on the cards as soon as i can find one!

typhoon is a K&N cone filter (theres pics on a couple of my other threads) was thinking about putting a cold feed in myself mabye take away one or both of the lower lights and run some ducting to the filter, seen it done on other cars.

tyres are due a change soon was thinking about some new super t's as well, tyre choice was going to be P1's i can get a good deal on them from a mate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0003.JPG (280.3 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by marct1980; Aug 28th, 2012 at 10:29.
Old Aug 28th, 2012, 12:59   #4
SonyVaio
VOC Member

AWESOME!!

SonyVaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29th, 2012, 18:38   #5
Axionknight
Premier Member

Awesome, I remember you saying you intended to take the car down - couldnt you fly to East Midlands from Aberdeen?

How much did the polybushing cost, if you don't mind me asking? Thinking of booking my C30 in.

Edit: Kalmar Union do the rear anti roll bar, so do partsforvolvoonline, but I'm fairly sure it's cheaper from Don at KU, he's a top guy too.

Last edited by Axionknight; Aug 29th, 2012 at 18:41.
Axionknight is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Axionknight For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 12:40   #6
marct1980

Wink

Flying anywhere but Luton was too expensive the luton flights were only £50, plus the train was easy from Luton. When we dropped it off we went to Manchester and the guys at Shark came and picked it up, we were going to repeat this but the flights didnt fit in and the trains across from Manchester to Mansfield were difficult, it seems to be much easier to go up and down the country than it is to go across!!

plus we then managed to get a lift from luton to mansfield which was a great help!

polybush kit cost was a little under £400 IIRC (threw the bill away to stop the wife seeing it!!) Labour i dont know about though as i was getting a few deals at the same time etc so a lot of labour was knocked off my bill.

Give the Shark guys a shout and ask for Ben Wardle he was helping the POLYBUSH team with the development of the volvo kit, i have heard that powerflex focus kits can fit as well but they are a little harder than the POLYBUSH one.

The polybush i can highly recommend they have changed the car dramatically everything feels better and there is also a camber on the back wheels now that looks very cool.

speak to T5-monkey on here about the powerflex ones i think he has the whole focus kit on his s40.

Rain is off today so I will get my finger out and take some pics and video.

you should let the shark guys put a Miltek on while you are there they sound soooooo goooood!
The Following User Says Thank You to marct1980 For This Useful Post:
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 14:38   #7
marct1980

VOTES PLEASE,

think i am leaning to the ronal now...or maybe the sparco 10 spoke.......or maybe the oz 9 spoke.....
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 15:03   #8
marct1980

Some pics of the exhaust system while it sits on the driveway, and a shot of the rear coil over.

video to come when Spielberg is free to assist me!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0066.JPG (248.8 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0067.jpg (198.2 KB, 109 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0063.JPG (383.3 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0062.JPG (334.6 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0064.JPG (244.6 KB, 95 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0065.JPG (250.2 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0057.JPG (354.3 KB, 91 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0060.JPG (186.2 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0059.JPG (239.0 KB, 80 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0058.JPG (252.1 KB, 84 views)

Last edited by marct1980; Aug 30th, 2012 at 15:06. Reason: cos i can
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 16:18   #9
Alex121
Premier Member

What kind of MPG does this beast get now it's at 280hp??
Alex121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30th, 2012, 16:45   #10
marct1980

mmmmmm i would say not great MPG, haven't really had a chance to work it out as I have not exactly been driving economically since i got it back

Mansfield to Aberdeen apx 400 miles and used maybe £60-70 quid of fuel?
these figs may be totally wrong as i wasn't keeping an eye on it and cant recall how much i put in def put in 40 quid at mansfield as the thing was empty then topped off the tank later and had just under half a tank left when i got home

I think this would put it around 20MPG but like i say this is very rough and it was not being driven very sensible.

I will fill up on the high octane stuff soon and do a trip counter and let you know what it is like when being a bit more careful!!
The Following User Says Thank You to marct1980 For This Useful Post:

Tags
vaiotag