Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > 700/900 Series General > 700/900 Series Sales

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

volvo 940 sports estate manual

Views : 26192

Replies : 233

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 16th, 2009, 20:14   #1
ton377
Master Member

Default volvo 940 sports estate manual

There is a 1 owner 940 sport in factory black rare model even rarer colour i think, its for sale on ebay needing attention to the brakes as usual i dont know how to copy the link so this is the item number 280424056750 no reserve and an easy fix for (hopefully) someone on the forum!
ton377 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ton377 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 20:58   #2
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: motor for sale

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up. It's major distance away, but I fancy having a go at that. Don't anyone tell She Who Must Be Obeyed!

Cheers,

T
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 23:05   #3
heyskull
Heyskull

What makes this a Sport?
I have read the advert 3 times now!
My SE estate isn't a sport as I have been told. SE stands for Special Equipment!
Sometime SE doesn't mean much but this seems to be a well spec'd car.

SC
heyskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16th, 2009, 23:36   #4
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Polaris alloys, rear spoiler, colour, interior, spec, badging, grill, all sports editions were badged SE but in a different way to the standard SE. Someone on here who said he was part of the team that speced these cars, stated that to keep costs down, rather than produce new badges for the car, they just used the SE badge and added the turbo badge. Because of this people with an SE always seem to think they have a sports edition, but the spec between the two is different. Belive me if you go and see it you will see the difference. Others on here will be able to provide the conclusive evidence by the reg number or vin number, as some on here have the ability to check these things, but to me it is a sports edition, I wait to be proved wrong but it looks very like one. Plus to have all the sports options fitted either when it was new or source them after is a very expensive job, unless you are very lucky. The Polaris wheeels on the car are worth its start price and more alone, even if someone bought it cheap and broke it for parts they would make 5 times the start price and still be left with most of the car left.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 20:14   #5
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re\: Sports Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
Polaris alloys, rear spoiler, colour, interior, spec, badging, grill, all sports editions were badged SE but in a different way to the standard SE. Someone on here who said he was part of the team that speced these cars, stated that to keep costs down, rather than produce new badges for the car, they just used the SE badge and added the turbo badge. Because of this people with an SE always seem to think they have a sports edition, but the spec between the two is different. Belive me if you go and see it you will see the difference. Others on here will be able to provide the conclusive evidence by the reg number or vin number, as some on here have the ability to check these things, but to me it is a sports edition, I wait to be proved wrong but it looks very like one. Plus to have all the sports options fitted either when it was new or source them after is a very expensive job, unless you are very lucky. The Polaris wheeels on the car are worth its start price and more alone, even if someone bought it cheap and broke it for parts they would make 5 times the start price and still be left with most of the car left.
Actually the original sales brochure says they sit on Galaxy alloys, not Polaris.

I'm still interested in the car as a whole, to be honest.

Cheers,

T
Old Nov 17th, 2009, 22:11   #6
LankyTim
Missing the point

Those are deffo Galaxies!

Bit of a shed, but no doubt a clean and polish will have it looking great.
LankyTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18th, 2009, 14:59   #7
940SportsEdition
From sweden with love

Sorry meant to say Galaxy got Polarises on the brain after getting hold of another set.
940 Sports Edition, Graphite galaxy's, turbo plus kit, roof bars, dog guard, load cover, load tray, seven seats.
940SportsEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 00:22   #8
T240
Pure is Beautiful

Default Re: polaris

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonyericsson View Post
Sorry meant to say Galaxy got Polarises on the brain after getting hold of another set.
You didn't buy that lilac 960 off ebay, did you?
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 01:28   #9
CTCNetwork
Forum Support Team

Hi,

Listing over. Withdrawn. Maybe he got an offer he couldn't refuse!

If I remember rightly, Black was only ever a special order paint. Certainly for 700 series.

Des. . .

Edit: Relisted. New links above..
People should not be afraid of their governments.
"He'll deliver more justice in a weekend than 10 years of your
Governments should be afraid of their people... "V"
courts & tribunals. Just stay out of his way." "I plan to."

Last edited by CTCNetwork; Dec 3rd, 2009 at 00:12. Reason: URL on images updated for new listing
CTCNetwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19th, 2009, 13:49   #10
amaz'in

Hi Guy's,

I spotted this straight away, and it's vaguely in my neighbourhood.

I own a silver Sports estate and couldn't belive my luck when I thought I spotted this and no one else has sussed it...little did I know.

I could only just make out what I think were Galaxy wheels, and noticed it had tailgate spoiler, colour coded mirrors, load cover, cargo net and boot liner, and the grille of course, but it was hard to tell if it was lowered etc.

I had to look it up in my Sports edition brochure as I had only seen Silver sand and Red pearl as colours before, but there are indeed two Blacks, a standard Black and a black Pearl.

I was lucky enough to get the Chaps (who's dealing with this) phone number before the auction was pulled and I spoke with him last night.

It turns out the car doesn't have a brake problem at all? in fact it has a 'little end' problem?

She (the owner) was looking for a minimum of £500.00 and diddn't realise she didnt have the option to pull out at the end if it only made say...£200.00.

I have tried to go look at the car, but the seller says he will wait until Mum in Law makes her mind up and they may just advertise it in the paper?

I fancied the car as a spare for mine, couldn't tell how good it was in the photo's, but at £ 500.00 minimum, and having to trailer it home plus a little end gone..hmmm

He has promised to call me with an update from Mum in law, but we shall see.

Darn it, within my grasp and......

James

Last edited by amaz'in; Nov 19th, 2009 at 13:51.
amaz'in is offline   Reply With Quote