Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > XC90 '02–'15 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

XC90 '02–'15 General Forum for the P2-platform XC90 model

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

New 2011 Volvo Specifications

Views : 52178

Replies : 325

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 17th, 2010, 21:41   #91
jeffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisE View Post
I just cannot understand why people feel the need to talk to so many people so frequently - they must have been really miserable until 10 years or so ago! I enjoy being out of touch!
I use my phone for so much more than just talking. email, internet, sat nav. If I am out and want to know where a good restaurant is...google it, and call to make reservation.

Plus I use it for phone calls too; business and personal. i just dont leave the house without my keys, wallet, watch, phone.

I got my first phone in 2001 and have the same number now that i got then. Dont remember life before my mobile.
jeffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 21:44   #92
jeffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartM View Post
Perhaps he is a safe driver who DOESN'T use a mobile at all while driving ! ! !
That is so unfair...the two are mutually exclusive. I use a phone on a bluetooth headset. it is a lot safer than thre many people who drive along with a cigarette in their hands.

I suppose you dont turn the radio on in your car, or ever turn your wipers or lights on while driving...or change gear for that matter. All of these things are just as dangerous as talking on a hands free kit if not more so.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 21:48   #93
jeffo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Bell View Post
Is bluetooth now standard on the S or just SE and above?
Bluetooth is not standard on any variant as far as I am aware. However it is now available as a factory option meaning it integrates with the radio system.

By The Way...I also ordered without a test drive. And I still havent had one because no one has the same model. I'm trusting (and am pretty confident) in the spec I ordered.
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 21:53   #94
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Bell View Post
Is bluetooth now standard on the S or just SE and above?

.... Can anyone comment on that?

And Teejay1, I DID order without a test drive (because my dealer couldn't even get hold of a car and i had to order before the end of scrappage!), but when I did finally drive it a few days later I had no regrets at all.
Q1. I think that bluetooth is from the SE up MY 2011.

Q2. I was told that once the factory had accepted the order it was now locked in. However, that does not take into account the "ordered a 2010 but Volvo wont/can't supply it, because of MY 2011". That may be dealer dependent. Hope we all get what we want.

I was luckily enough to have a very long drive of the XC60, 2.4D and I was very impressed. But I'm not sure I would like to order the 2.0D without at least feeling the acceleration and pull from the new engine. My head says that the engine will be more than adequate for the my needs but there is that lingering doubt that I won't like it. I;ll probably keep the car for 5 years so I would like to know it does what it says on the tin ;-).

Last edited by Teejay1; Mar 17th, 2010 at 22:29. Reason: added mY in Q1
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:07   #95
Big Stew

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
Bluetooth is not standard on any variant as far as I am aware. However it is now available as a factory option meaning it integrates with the radio system.

By The Way...I also ordered without a test drive. And I still havent had one because no one has the same model. I'm trusting (and am pretty confident) in the spec I ordered.
We were the same as you Jeffo, the dealer didn't have a car available to test drive, so I hope we will be OK when we pick it up tomorrow ! ! !
Big Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:11   #96
LRS
Sugga Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffo View Post
Is the factory integrated Bluetooth option also being added to the MY2011 XC90 or just the XC60??

Having a factory integrated Bluetooth option for the XC90 will be soooo goood!
LRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:14   #97
Daleman
Master Member

Default swiftly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejay1 View Post
Q1. I think that bluetooth is from the SE up.

Q2. I was told that once the factory had accepted the order it was now locked in. However, that does not take into account the "ordered a 2010 but Volvo wont/can't supply it, because of MY 2011". That may be dealer dependent. Hope we all get what we want.

I was luckily enough to have a very long drive of the XC60, 2.4D and I was very impressed. But I'm not sure I would like to order the 2.0D without at least feeling the acceleration and pull from the new engine. My head says that the engine will be more than adequate for the my needs but there is that lingering doubt that I won't like it. I;ll probably keep the car for 5 years so I would like to know it does what it says on the tin ;-).
Let’s just hope at the very least Volvo get some 2.0D3 XC60 out to the press swiftly so they can establish if the performance is adequate compared with the 2.4
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:21   #98
Aidan Bell

Default Dab

At the moment Bluetooth is not standard on any XC60 but can be added at a cost of £265. The question I was raising was regarding the new 2011 specs and which models it will now become standard on.

I'm also almost certainly going to add DAB radio to my order as well. It only occurred to me a couple of days ago that if I keep my car more than 4 or 5 years before selling then when I do come to sell standard FM will be obsolete. Acording to the government by 2015 everything will be DAB, therefore I think £250 on the cost of the car now may come back ten-fold at the time of re-sale.
Aidan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:31   #99
Teejay1
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Is the factory integrated Bluetooth option also being added to the MY2011 XC90 or just the XC60??

Having a factory integrated Bluetooth option for the XC90 will be soooo goood!
8. VOLVO XC90
• The retail price of the Active model will increase by £265 and will no longer have Active Bending Lights and Headlamp Washers as standard.
• Bluetooth Handsfree System is now available as a factory option.
• Price and specification of all other models remain unchanged.
• Our ambition is to open CIS on March 19th for MY11 orders (subject to approvals received)
Teejay1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2010, 22:49   #100
Aidan Bell

Default Metric display!

Another new feature on the 2011 model which delights me is that certain information can now be viewed in either imperial or metric.
I was horrified and surprised as well as baffled and annoyed to learn that all UK XE60s are fixed to display all speed and distace data in imperial. my personal preference is metric all the way. So I began a dialogue with a support person at Volvo and in her latest email to me she says:
"The car will have the facility to change to information to K/Litre and Litre/100 Kms. This information will be on the dashboard above the speedo.".
I guess this means that the Distance remaining on current fuel display inside the speedometer will remain in imperial, but at least this is an improvement in the right direction.
Aidan Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Aidan Bell For This Useful Post: