Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar does not effect comfort mode

Views : 976

Replies : 7

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 1st, 2020, 17:15   #1
Tresco85

Default Polestar does not effect comfort mode

Just been told by a dealer that Polestar only effects Polestar mode and has no effect on comfort and eco mode. Not happy with this and glad I paid nowhere near the proper price if this is true.
Old Oct 1st, 2020, 17:39   #2
volvo s60 2001

Hi. I agree with you, that it never worth the full price. Under £500 is fine, but anything above is waste of money.
I am interested if anyone can give me an answer whether the actual Polestar software is ever updated or it stays the same as it is as the moment when is installed
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1st, 2020, 17:47   #3
Tresco85

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvo s60 2001 View Post
Hi. I agree with you, that it never worth the full price. Under £500 is fine, but anything above is waste of money.
I am interested if anyone can give me an answer whether the actual Polestar software is ever updated or it stays the same as it is as the moment when is installed
I was told it was updated as they added the overboost after mine was done and was told it would be updated with the new version.
Old Oct 1st, 2020, 19:01   #4
Paul Wildsmith
Register Keeper

While I don't know for certain (and honestly wouldn't be surprised if a dealer would know much detail), after I had Polestar installed in both my S90 (and V40), it had an effect in comfort mode.
Old Oct 1st, 2020, 19:50   #5
key76

I paid full price and only discovered this after the event.

I never use Polestar as it’s far too brutal. Tried it coming fast off a light and it held gear at redline for about 10 seconds. I would have changed much sooner and it cannot be good for engine at all. Sounds like it is screaming!
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 09:44   #6
Bluenose129

Had mine installed about 8 months ago and when I collected the car I noticed that there was no indication that Polestar had been installed, so queried it and they said it had definitely been installed. Anyway I insisted it was looked at as I remember Polestar appearing on the central display and driver display on a car I test drove, so they took it back in. I was right, they had to install the latest software and then Polestar came up on the dash. So if you have an older variant like mine then it needs the latest software.

It certainly helps the gearbox speed which is my biggest gripe but the holding gear is frankly cr4p. Rarely use it because of this.
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:11   #7
Tresco85

I have just had my local dealer phone back and confirm to me that the Polestar does effect all modes and that the salesman at their other dealership does not know what he is talking about.
Old Oct 2nd, 2020, 12:22   #8
Cull06
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tresco85 View Post
I have just had my local dealer phone back and confirm to me that the Polestar does effect all modes and that the salesman at their other dealership does not know what he is talking about.
I thought this was the case. I definitely saw an improvement on my last car across all modes.