Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S80 '98-'06 / S60 '00-'09 / V70 & XC70 '00-'07 General Forum for the P2-platform S60 / V70 / XC70 / S80 models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Cracked Windscreen......

Views : 698

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 12th, 2015, 17:34   #1
Evolving

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
Bloody Weather!!

My insurance company uses some "nationwide windscreens" company who I've never heard of and I expect they will do a bad job and the car will never be the same again, will leak rainwater everywhere etc.....

Anybody had good experience with this company or know of any decent companies in the South West (Gloucester) who will do the job properly?

m@in culprit for water entering the cabin after a new windscreen is fitted is the scuttle panel, either the glass fits under it or within its recess, i had a mk3 mondeo and mk2 xantia windscreens fitted by auto glass and the scuttle panel was the reason. So it doesnt matter who does the repair as long as what ever the fitter removes is put back the same way, after a couple of days take it to car wash or self service wash and give the area around the screen and scuttle area a good soaking from arms length, if theres a leak get back to your insurance company and fitter. As long as the fitter applies a decent thickness bead of the sealant and there are no gaps/breaks in the sealant then jobs a good one other than the scuttle panel (make sure the fitter doesnt break anything of the scuttle panel when removing and refitting, it happens i had a veteran AA technician come out to my sisters 2004 mini last month and he snapped both clips of the battery cover, had to drill a hole either side and use cable ties to secure. Or get some UV activated glue and a UV pen and seal the crack that should stop it dead.

Good luck.