Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

S60R stage 1 remap!!

Views : 15618

Replies : 34

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Sep 21st, 2010, 23:38   #11
mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by RT Mechanics View Post
Thats very interesting....
I think what's more interesting is you obviously not realising that all 2001 on petrol Volvo's have wideband sensors that can be viewed through the OBD port. On that note then when YOU remap the cars what wideband do you use to check the fueling? I know you do checks as you have posted up about it before so what is it you actually check as I can tell from the cars you have worked on it's not boost...

It does beg the question with the problems you have what qualifications do you have?
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mole For This Useful Post:
Old Sep 21st, 2010, 23:48   #12
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

I've asked around about the Mazda 6 MPS.

Apparently it's just a razzed up Ford Duratech engine, of pretty much unknown tuning potential.

There's some good vids of Stage 1 and 2 S60's on Google, which seem very quick - the main issue is the cracked liner thing, look into that before you plump for lots of power upgrades.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 00:45   #13
glock19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mole View Post
I think what's more interesting is you obviously not realising that all 2001 on petrol Volvo's have wideband sensors that can be viewed through the OBD port. On that note then when YOU remap the cars what wideband do you use to check the fueling? I know you do checks as you have posted up about it before so what is it you actually check as I can tell from the cars you have worked on it's not boost...

It does beg the question with the problems you have what qualifications do you have?
Mole,
I believed Russ' statement was aimed at my post of RICA's willingness to customised the map for me.
glock19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 08:59   #14
mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by glock19 View Post
Mole,
I believed Russ' statement was aimed at my post of RICA's willingness to customised the map for me.

You may well be right, when he answers that and other questions we will know.
mole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:25   #15
DSK
C70 T5

Fwiw, I am going for an MTE remap after reading up on RICA and BSR. There are new issues surrounding existing customers of RICA and BSR, something to do with ongoing support/updates etc where effectively, IIRC the remap has to be purchased again and again, whatever the issue is, existing customers are not happy about this situation. I looked into RICA, was put off by the complaints about aftersales support etc. BSR looked to provide good gains like the RICA but at £600+...... With the issues both have I'm not flushing £600+ notes down the toilet.

MTE, on the other have have a consistent and solid reputation. They do not shout about BHP gains, but, the gains appear very honest and pleasing with a smoother power delivery which is more suitable on front wheel drive cars. The price for my stage 1 is £425.00 and I can confirm that should a Volvo dealer ever tinker with the ECU removing the MTE remap, this will be re-mapped on again with no extra cost

IMO, MTE is the only wise choice.

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:35   #16
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
There are new issues surrounding existing customers of RICA and BSR, something to do with ongoing support/updates etc where effectively, IIRC the remap has to be purchased again and again, whatever the issue is, existing customers are not happy about this situation.
Definitely incorrect information. With RICA you only pay for the remap once.
turbo-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:38   #17
DSK
C70 T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo-tuner View Post
Definitely incorrect information. With RICA you only pay for the remap once.
Fair doo's. What is the exact issue with the RICA and BSR maps that has p!ssed people off?

2000 C70 T5 GT Coupe
1998 S70R / 1995 Toyota Supra Twin Turbo
2007 Mercedes CLS 320 CDI / 2011 Mercedes S350 Bluetec
2007 Suzuki GSXR-1000
DSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 12:47   #18
turbo-tuner
I've Been Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSK View Post
Fair doo's. What is the exact issue with the RICA and BSR maps that has p!ssed people off?
With BSR, I presume it's the 60 Euro support fee they decided to charge for new and existing customers. Many existing RICA PPC
customers thought this would also apply to them, but it doesn't.
turbo-tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4th, 2010, 15:36   #19
t5_monkey
Monkeying Around

BSR also have very sensitive throttle maps that are non linear

it might feel quicker if you're a noob who just wants your car to go faster...

... but when you have something rather powerful and FWD, you want to drive it accurately, feed in the power etc... which is virtually impossible with the BSR map as you can reach full power in as little as half of the throttle travel.

DO NOT BUY BSR!! they're OK... I've got one on mine... but you can do much much better if your choosing one now. MTE and then Rica would be my choice is if i was starting again.

Release the Monkey inside of you >>> Trunk Monkey
t5_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15th, 2010, 11:43   #20
davew

Maps of a rica map before and after.

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59039

Tags
croocks, rica, rica penang