Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Volvo Community Gran Turismo 4 Challenge.

Views : 14617

Replies : 256

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 27th, 2006, 13:05   #11
blues60
My car is blue

I'm now getting into the low 1'16's pretty consistently but cannot break into the 1'15's. I think some different lines need to be explored.
blues60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 14:07   #12
Ross9
Master Member

Yeah the 15's are definately do-able, I was on course for one but ballsed up the braking coming up to the tunnel then I turned it off in the hope I had done enough lol, it would appear not so I best get back to it and set a good time while I have a day off lol.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 14:53   #13
Pedro Fandango
I've Been Banned

i can only just get into the 18's, but i haven't played the game for ages (excuse number 1 used up lol)
Pedro Fandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 15:28   #14
Ross9
Master Member

lol, yeah luckily I had had it on a week ago for the first time in ages so I wasn't that rusty.

1:15.789
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 15:35   #15
blues60
My car is blue

The two areas where I keep losing time are the long left hander after the tunnel where if you take the entry wide and late apex it works well, but if not then you just drift out wide. Also the left right flick into the hairpin before the last tunnel. I have tried dabbing the brakes just as you turn in right which sets you up for a wider entry to the apex of the hairpin. You then get the power on early for the run up the hill and on to the finish line. I reckon a mid 1'15 should be attainable with a bit of polishing. Is anyone using a manual box or steering wheel? I always use auto and the joypad.
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 15:39   #16
blues60
My car is blue

Talking

Damn you Ross, I'm going to have another go tonight!!!!
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 16:03   #17
Ross9
Master Member

lol, yeah mid 15's should be about the cars limit, theres probably a bit more to come from my time but not much I don't reckon.

I just use it on automatic and a joypad as well, I don't take it seriously enough to go get a steering wheel and pedal box liek some people I've seen on other forums, those are for the real stuff.

Ross
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 21:47   #18
timway
Snail Wars: A new shell

Unhappy

My best time is 1:17:023, think I could probably get that into the high 1:16's if I tried a bit more but never into the 1:15's Hmmph...
I'm using a hand controller and manual box.
timway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 21:58   #19
5lab

steering wheel and pedals for me, with manual - comlpeting the game without aids on any car too (makes it tricky with some stuff on the nurburg) - not the 720 wheel though - i've got the old 'normal' one from gt3. its really good for feeling drifts..
Old Jan 27th, 2006, 22:08   #20
blues60
My car is blue

I actually bought one of the Logitech GT wheels but I can't really get on with it. I also feel such a berk sitting in my lounge with it. I have also tried using the manual gearbox but never quite mastered it so out of pure laziness use the auto. The manual is supposed to improve your times if you know how to use it tho.