Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Turbo T28

Views : 7541

Replies : 98

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jul 9th, 2006, 22:21   #11
bobcat
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adieu
Can't tell me these arn't the same graphs!

Please don't copy them

I would also like to apoligise in advance to anyone who may not like the content of this post. (sorry)

Regards

Iain
can i also add iain, if you gonna post pictures the put your name on them etc. as this will stop them being copied\leeched etc. I do this on all my pictures for the above reasons.
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 22:32   #12
adieu
Master Member

Default Thanks

I would like to take the time to thank the Admin Staff at vpcuk for their quick response in removing the before mentioned graph.

I would be grateful if an admin here could lock this post as it no longer serves a purpose.

In reply to Bobcats post:
"can i also add iain, if you gonna post pictures the put your name on them etc. as this will stop them being copied\leeched etc. I do this on all my pictures for the above reasons."

Here's a quote from the goverment website:

"Copyright comes into effect immediately, as soon as something that can be protected is created and "fixed" in some way, eg on paper, on film, via sound recording, as an electronic record on the internet, etc.

It is a good idea for you to mark your copyright work with the copyright symbol © followed by your name and the date, to warn others against copying it, but it is not legally necessary in the UK."

Kinda like the "not Legally necessary in the UK"

Thank you all for your responses and support.

Regards

Iain

P.s please lock this thread

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster
adieu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9th, 2006, 22:44   #13
t5tart

just to clear something up
uk copyright is automatic the registration is with the subject of the photo... or digital image
not the person who takes it

ergo there is no copyrite owner in this case unless the graph is trade marked in some way or protected
just thought i would add my 2 penneth

as soon as the graph is posted on the web it is public domain and open for all to use in any way they see fir
if you have requested where the pic is on public domain that you recieve credit for the image than this should be done
or if you have requested that permission is granted then i could see your point

but otherwise there is no breach

oh and chaps lets play fir on the forums
all this bitvhing really is getting on my tits

he said she said
i thought you were all professional guys
this bitching is more likeley to sway me one way or the other than the actual performance

now ffs all of you grow up ...competition in business is what its all about
everyone is going to claim they have the best
garrett do it against mitsu all the time comparing power curves i dont see the difference here either

so wind up the wick on your scu pu tup a full boost powercurvs and **** on his bonfire if it bothers you that much
at the end of the day why put up a lowered boost figyre in the first place ???that is the question i would ask

my piece said
t5tart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 20:59   #14
adieu
Master Member

Default Update

Oh well i guess bridges can't be rebuilt.

I would like to thank the Mods/admin staff on the Vpcuk for having the graph removed only to allow the said party to post a direct link to the graph hosted on thier website. I would also like to thank thier staff for banning me from their forums.

I would also like to thank the mods on this forum for reopening this thread.

Regards

Iain

A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster

Last edited by adieu; Jul 10th, 2006 at 21:25.
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 21:25   #15
arbee
Yellow member

appreciated it's 'your' graph whatever the correctlegal interpretation is, but surely, its a bit petty asking for it to be removed, wherever its linked to/from and whatever context its in. Its the internet for gawds sake - surely this kind of information sharing is the epitome of the information superhighway!
Old Jul 10th, 2006, 21:34   #16
adieu
Master Member

arbee thanks for that but as i said before :

There is no official registration system for copyright in the UK and most other parts of the world. There are no forms to fill in and no fees to pay to get copyright protection. You do not need to register copyright - there is no official registration system. This is why protection is said to be automatic. It is a requirement of various international conventions on copyright that copyright should be automatic with no need to register.

Through the UK's membership of these international conventions, a copyright work created in the UK is automatically protected in most parts of the world. This can be very beneficial to a person who creates a copyright work, that is worldwide protection for the creation without having to do anything.

regards

iain

Old Jul 10th, 2006, 23:38   #17
bobcat
Premier Member

I find it funny that adam has in the past posted on this forum that Iains car was knackered and thus why it didnt give good results with their rica.

however he has used a dyno plot from Iains knackered car as a comparison??? hardly a fair comparison, but maybe it was used for a reason?

I wonder - this v70 2.5 lpt with s60r rods and pistons isnt speshs old lump??

by the way, has anyone heard from spesh? his car was ready i believe and booked it at vt when all of a sudden he has disappeared
Volvo 850R Auto,173K,Bobcat\SW Autos Ecu,18T,Reverse IC,13 Row Engine Oil Cooler,39 Row ATF Cooler,20psi VDO Boost Gauge,6000k HID's (low), Osram 50% Silverstars (High),ITG Filter,OEM Strutbrace,Aerial Down Switch,302mm Front Discs,Ferodo DS2500 Front/Rear,Goodridge SS Hoses,Koni Adjustable Dampers,Eibach Pro Kit, Powerflex Control Arm Bushes, Clear Side Repeaters.
http://www.swautos.co.uk
SW Auto's Ebay Shop
http://www.volvo-tech.co.uk
bobcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 00:15   #18
pyaap
Non-T4 T4s RULE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobcat
by the way, has anyone heard from spesh? his car was ready i believe and booked it at vt when all of a sudden he has disappeared
Actually, I was wondering just the same because just before heading off, I read that he was just completing a T5 which was going to be of similar power to the SW Autos "beast"; that project must certainly have been finished by now and it would be nice to know the results.

Back to one of the points raised in the article posted on VPCUK, I still can't understand why 1.1bar boost, and nothing more, was the maximum achievable boost with a T28; that certainly can't be right.

"An Engine Which Runs Lean Lives on Borrowed Time"

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=13998

Last edited by pyaap; Jul 11th, 2006 at 00:20.
pyaap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 05:52   #19
smartbomb
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyaap
Back to one of the points raised in the article posted on VPCUK, I still can't understand why 1.1bar boost, and nothing more, was the maximum achievable boost with a T28; that certainly can't be right.

Absolutely. Especially bearing in mind that I have exactly the same Turbo Technics hybrid T28 and have been running between 1.4-1.5 bar for nearly a year now. I would bring this up with Adam personally on the aforementioned website, but it would appear I have also been banned, even though I have never posted on there at all.

Paul
smartbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11th, 2006, 08:40   #20
Jod T5
Phoenix from the ashes

For what its worth i am a member of both forums although i am usually to be found over here recently.....i have to say i feel slightly for iain as his graph has shown the product in a light to which he finds uncomfortable with and not in the way he wished it to be portrayed...
i dont however agree that the copyright has been breached ...maybe in law/maybe not but i for one am definately guilt of a copy and paste from one site to another...i fact only a few days ago i copied a bit of adams own text which i felt to be relevant to a certain thread...i did not however attempt in any way to "diss" it in any way
All this stuff that has been flying around with regard to who is the best etc and who is crap means nothing to me....i would happily use stu/adam or don cos they all know what there about as members on all forums can justify...
the bitching between vpcuk and voc is sometimes quite amusing but can lead to serious rifts between rival orgainsation/family members as prevoius threads have highlighted and my thoughts and best wishes go to those involved...
as i said its just for what it worth
cheers
jod