Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

LPG, CNG & LNG - General Info and Issues Share experiences and problems

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

bi-fuels and main stealers

Views : 4068

Replies : 31

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 21st, 2009, 22:44   #31
Vulcan1952

Default Lpg mpg

So good to see some valuable comments and useful info regarding LPG Volvos, it appears to me that the aftermarket systems are infinitely more flexible and repairable by a good LPG company rather than to allow the local stealers to get their hands on them. I recently purchased an S60T on LPG that had been Volvo serviced all its life, last one 2000 miles ago and it had most definitely not been done with regard to plugs and air filter! I am not about to name the dealer as I am awaiting a response to an email. The S60 does not appear to be as economical as my V70 that I reluctantly have up for sale. The V70 (W reg) was converted by an engineer that I bought it from @ 80,000 miles, it has now got 296,000+ on the clock and runs smoothly and faultlessly on LPG or petrol, also the tickover on gas is perfect which is more than can be said for the new S60. I have fitted new cooler single point NGK plugs and done a coil pack substitution, the next step will be a compression test because it costs nothing to do, apart from a spot of labour on my part. I have read that Mass Air Flow meters cause rough idling if faulty but surely this would throw up a fault code and give me an engine management light. Oh well, I will continue to work through my options and post any spectacular findings that may reveal themselves. Happy motoring.
Vulcan1952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25th, 2009, 20:14   #32
jrtonks
2001 V70 T5

Default LPG problems

My own story's a bit gloomier. I bought a V70 T5 before Christmas already fitted with a Zavoli Aleisai/Zeta lpg conversion and it's never worked properly.

Runs really rough and with a screaming noise which I'm told is the regulator. I took it in for a regulator change (£185 down), but a week later it went again - indicating an underlying problem.

I've got it booked in at HKL-Gaspower in Birmingham next Monday for them to have another look, but I don't hold much hope. They're friendly enough, but very busy and trying to get a slot is hard. I'll reserve judgement until after Monday.

At present it's costing me about £30 per week on petrol and I only do around 150 miles on average.
jrtonks is offline   Reply With Quote