Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 r-Design sill / skirt question

Views : 2484

Replies : 5

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 1st, 2010, 18:49   #1
pbeecroft

Default XC60 r-Design sill / skirt question

Hi

Picked up my new xc60 today, looking at the car on the drive the sill / side skirt does not look right.

in the picture of various colours it is colour coded / painted. looking at a red one in the showroom also looked painted round the bottom.

mine is in saville grey pearl, the bottom is unpainted plastic like the standard xc60. my concern with plastic is it fades and looks dated very quickly, i had a 55 plate xc90 when they brought out the my06 with colour coding the older cars looked naff.

the plastic is a similiar colour now but im concerned about ageing. if you have a xc60 r-design what are your sills made off, i was expecting smooth colour coded (painted) but mine are pimpled plastic like te standard car.

bit miffed, but guessing my fault for ordering without seeing the car in the flesh.
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 19:41   #2
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Post a picture....
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 1st, 2010, 21:29   #3
Daleman
Master Member

Default Not very R Design

I saw a white XC60 the other day R Design brand new unregistered in the dealers and noted the plastic sills were as they are shown in the brochure (the red car) painted red but in white and sprayed white on this particular example.

Only thing that might have happened is that the coordinator at some stage decided the plastic standard colour was “near enough”!!!! to the savile grey to be how they deem it to be.

Not very R Design by the sound of it.
Daleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14th, 2010, 00:15   #4
XC60nick

I have a stone black metallic r-design and my sills are unpainted and textured plastic. I too was a bit miffed but as I viewed the car in the showroom before I brought her guess I can have no compliants. If they do fade though, then i will be sat outside the dealers waiting for them to open!!!!
XC60nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2010, 18:53   #5
XC60nick

Pbeecroft, have you taken this up with your dealer yet?

Can anyone with an R Design xc60 check their cars and report back if their sills are smooth or textured, painted or unpainted...Stating date of reg and colour...

Thanks
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 17:52   #6
XC60nick

Popped into a local Volvo dealer this afternoon whilst I was out on my travels. They had three xc60 r design models on display, Ice White, Sapphire Black and Saville Grey. All three cars had colour coded sills and skirts but all were naked moulded plastic with a textured surface.
It's a shame they are not the same smooth gloss finish as the remainder of the car, but guess they may prove more resilient to stone chips etc, but do worry about them fading. My car is Sapphire Black and I do not want faded grey bumpers in two years time, I think this is a cost saving too far by Volvo...