Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

XC60 Floor Mats

Views : 1646

Replies : 12

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Mar 25th, 2010, 11:31   #1
Biggriff

Default XC60 Floor Mats

Well we finally got the XC60 R design. My wife loves it and it does look good.

Car was delivered empty of fuel, no screenwash and the floor mat on the drivers side whilst held on by the pegs on the floor mounting bit seems to be missing the fixings to secure iot down.

Anyone else's mats the same?

Volvo have a long way to go on the customer service game....
Biggriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 16:21   #2
Brodick
Master Member

Sounds like your dealer needs a lesson in customer service certainly.
I picked up my xc60 SE LUX just over 3 weeks ago 1/2 tank of diesel, mats fixed as they should be and a bunch of flowers for the lady. Have to say Strathmore in Perth have been superb thus far.
Brodick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 17:30   #3
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Same goes for Squire Furneaux in Guildford - good service and keen prices.

I would be giving your 'dealer' a bit of a rocket, were Volvo to hear about this then they would also give the dealer a rocket up the backside.

Volvo aspire to being a luxury market car provider and the service should match that bracket (and it normally does) - the prices certainly do
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 17:32   #4
Lexon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggriff View Post
Well we finally got the XC60 R design. My wife loves it and it does look good.

Car was delivered empty of fuel, no screenwash and the floor mat on the drivers side whilst held on by the pegs on the floor mounting bit seems to be missing the fixings to secure iot down.

Anyone else's mats the same?

Volvo have a long way to go on the customer service game....
My mats only pop onto the floor pegs. Thats how they come I believe quite a firm fix ,no chance of them coming off without a good tug.
No fuel and screen wash though not good. My dealer put about 15 Litres in mine.
Lexon
Lexon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25th, 2010, 23:54   #5
dodgyblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexon View Post
No fuel and screen wash though not good. My dealer put about 15 Litres in mine.
Lexon
I got mine with a full tank
dodgyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 08:28   #6
Biggriff

Do Volvo do a customer care follow up? If they do I can anticipate a fairly negative response.

Thanks for the comments guys, lets hope its not a harbinger of things to come.

Shame for them as I was seriously considering a C70, but not now.
Biggriff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 09:23   #7
wimorrison
Grumpy Old Sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggriff View Post
Do Volvo do a customer care follow up? If they do I can anticipate a fairly negative response.

Thanks for the comments guys, lets hope its not a harbinger of things to come.

Shame for them as I was seriously considering a C70, but not now.
They did a courtesy call with me about 4 weeks after I had delivery, I don't know if that is normal practice, or whether they only sample a certain number.

Perhaps if others can comment we can see how often they do a follow up call?
wimorrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 09:57   #8
Cornish

I have to admit I was a bit surprised that my dealer handed over a new car worth £35k with only 55 miles of fuel in it. When I queried this he told me that as it had been sourced via a broker / business lease that was just how it was. They are 'pushed so hard on price' they dont supply with a full tank.

I felt a little embarassed for the sales guy really and told him I thought it was incredibly shoddy. Fair enough on a second hand car but is there really that little margin in a well specced XC60?
Cornish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 10:58   #9
NewVolvo
VOC Member

Re the fuel, I am not suprised that the dealers do not fill it up before delivery. Volvo's list prices (like many others) do not state that a full tank are included and thus, can't be expected, unless you agree with the dealer re this before ordering the car. Mercedes-Benz, on the other hand, clearly states in their brochures that all cars come with a full tank of fuel. Obviously you have already paid for this in the price of the car.

As for my dealer (Lookers Colchester), I received a first class service on 2 cars last year (non with full tanks) but got some other things instead that were much more appreciated.
1987 780 Bertone
Lots of previous Volvo's
NewVolvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 26th, 2010, 11:21   #10
XCF
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornish View Post
I have to admit I was a bit surprised that my dealer handed over a new car worth £35k with only 55 miles of fuel in it. When I queried this he told me that as it had been sourced via a broker / business lease that was just how it was. They are 'pushed so hard on price' they dont supply with a full tank.

I felt a little embarassed for the sales guy really and told him I thought it was incredibly shoddy. Fair enough on a second hand car but is there really that little margin in a well specced XC60?
I bought mine at broker prices ( although I did buy direct from the dealer so they saved the brokers fee which might explain things) and got flowers for the wife, a 3/4 full tank of fuel, plus a follow up call after two days to check I got home ok and to see if there was anything I was unsure of, and then a customer sat survey and finally a call after 4 weeks to make sure I was still happy.

Top service despite rock bottom prices !
XCF is offline   Reply With Quote