Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

1323 map update

Views : 4662

Replies : 36

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 18th, 2020, 08:15   #31
met24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlanders View Post
I've not been bothering downloading the map updates whilst I am not driving anywhere. I assume that won't cause a problem when I do not upgrade? You don't have to upgrade them all sequentially or anything like that? Thanks.
No, you'll be fine. The downloads you do from the computer onto a USB stick are full downloads that overwrite all of the existing data, so it doesn't matter what's already on there. The over-the-air downloads that the car can do itself are a lot smaller so they must be "deltas" between your existing version and the current version.

I'm probably slightly more OCD than many in keeping my car updated, it comes from flying (where you really don't want out-of-date charts) and a general tendency to keep computers etc on the latest software versions as much as possible.
met24 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to met24 For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 16:57   #32
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by met24 View Post
No, you'll be fine. The downloads you do from the computer onto a USB stick are full downloads that overwrite all of the existing data, so it doesn't matter what's already on there. The over-the-air downloads that the car can do itself are a lot smaller so they must be "deltas" between your existing version and the current version.

I'm probably slightly more OCD than many in keeping my car updated, it comes from flying (where you really don't want out-of-date charts) and a general tendency to keep computers etc on the latest software versions as much as possible.
if that's a symptom of OCD, so i am also one with OCD.😉
Old Dec 19th, 2020, 17:17   #33
simonjedrake
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
if that's a symptom of OCD, so i am also one with OCD.😉
Sounds like I need to join this OCD club as well.......

Last edited by simonjedrake; Dec 19th, 2020 at 17:30.
simonjedrake is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to simonjedrake For This Useful Post:
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 17:43   #34
Mytholmroyd60

I’ve just updated to the latest map (uk) and now I’ve lost my speed cameras!

Anyone else had this problem or got a solution?

Thanks
Old Dec 26th, 2020, 18:22   #35
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mytholmroyd60 View Post
I’ve just updated to the latest map (uk) and now I’ve lost my speed cameras!

Anyone else had this problem or got a solution?

Thanks

Hi. After the update did you switch off the engine and lock the car? The Sensus need this procedure to finalise the update.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 09:35   #36
met24

Are they no longer appearing on the map, or are you not getting the audible alerts? There are separate settings for each of those options and I wonder whether they've inadvertently become disabled?

Settings -> Navigation -> Map -> Show Speed Cameras controls whether they're displayed on the main map (and, I think, the in-dash map if it's active.)

The audible alerts are controlled from Settings -> My Car -> IntelliSafe -> Road Sign Information.

I'm not in the car at the moment (unsurprisingly!) but I thought there was a separate option to control whether they appeared in the dash and on the HUD along with the speed limit, but maybe that's controlled with the normal speed limit display.

I'm pretty sure that at least once I've reset Sensus and although it's showed a setting as being turned off, it thought it was actually turned on (ironically it was speed camera audible alerts) -- so it might be worth toggling them off and on again.
met24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27th, 2020, 13:02   #37
Mytholmroyd60

Thanks for the replies. It’s a bit curious, some have disappeared, some have not.

I regularly drive to Burnley and the two cameras before Turf Moor always used to be on the map and bong, I’ve just been and they are no longer showing. If I just move round the map, I can see some cameras in Todmorden.