Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S40 / V40 '96-'04 General > x40 S1 Sales
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

V40 XS with upgrades for sale

Views : 504

Replies : 0

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Dec 28th, 2016, 15:40   #1
2000V40

Default V40 XS with upgrades for sale

Just in case Santa didn't bring you what you wanted for Christmas..
Volvo V40 for sale. Green, 1.8l petrol at 141600ish miles.

12 months MOT. No tax/insurance as I can't afford having two cars on the road, hence this being SORN since 23rd December.

First registered Dec 2000, owned by me for the last three years and it comes with fair service history, lots of garage receipts and a fresh MOT!

Great car to drive on long journeys, comfortable seats and enough power to eat up the miles on the motorway, but feels big and clunky going from lights to lights in town.

Would suit someone who needs the boot space for muddy dogs without having to worry about mucking up the car or someone with the space and time to break the car for parts as leather seats/alloys/front grille and headlights are sought after at times by other Volvo owners.

Good bits;
12 MONTHS MOT! Starts/drives ok. I've used this daily to and from work for the last three years until getting a new car and letting tax/insurance run out on this one.

Leather interior, driver's seat is elec/power adjustable, the wiring for heated seats are there, but not installed. Piano black door cards, metal dog guard (I do not have the bottom fixings for the guard), parcel shelf with retractable cover, original stereo with code (aftermarket Pioneer stereo with DAB fitted at the moment if wanted).

16" Crater alloys, fitted boot cover/mat, heated mirrors/rear window. Centre section with armrest/storage + two cup holders. Clutch, exhaust and front CV boots replaced this year. New rear tyres (budget), Goodyear's on the front with plenty of thread left. Mintex brakes/pads all around.

Bad bits;
Bodywork. Terrible. Awful. Bear in mind this is a 16 year old car for starters, but there are also a few dings, bumps and scratches to the bonnet, rear bumper and rear panels and it looks like someone tried to patch up some scratches in the past. Headlight wipers not working properly.

Most notable scratches/bad paintwork is the front passenger door as having dogs hanging out the window is all fun and games when you're out and about, not so much for keeping the car tidy.

Suspension in general is noisy/creaky, but apart from the CV boots, nothing was mentioned at last service or at the recent MOT.

The car needs a clean, but as I completely forgot to get this done before it was SORNed, it's a bit dirty on the outside.

AC leak somewhere, it will blow hot and cold in winter, but if it gets hot in summer it doesn't have the ability to cool the air from the outside. You get hot and slightly less hot instead.

Previous owner had a leak around the windscreen some years ago which has been sorted, but the passenger headlining still bear the scars from water ingress.

Car is sold as seen, but please note that the vehicle is currently SORN and can't be taken for a test drive, hence me trying to list as many good/bad things as possible to avoid disappointment and this is also reflected in the price.

You are of course welcome to have a look around/inside/start the car etc.
I am not looking for big bucks for it, £300 in its current condition with the DAB staying with the car. £350 and I'll throw in a VIDA/DICE unit (working on its own with the right spec pc and through the setup offered by another forum member)

Sensible offers are invited. Car is advertised elsewhere, just letting you know just in case.

Please PM me if you have a genuine interest, but please note I won't sell individual parts as I don't have a drive to break the car. The car is located in the TW15-area. Thanks for looking!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (152.4 KB, 23 views)
File Type: jpg Capture1.jpg (100.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: png Capture6.PNG (266.6 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg capture2.jpg (294.1 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg capture5.jpg (324.0 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by 2000V40; Dec 28th, 2016 at 15:46.
2000V40 is offline   Reply With Quote