Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > Performance Volvo Cars
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

Performance Volvo Cars A forum for those interested in any Volvo performance car from any era, FWD, RWD and AWD!

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Experience performance upgrades Stage 1 S40 T5

Views : 1148

Replies : 3

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 10:23   #1
domhart10
Volvo S40

Default Experience performance upgrades Stage 1 S40 T5

Hey Guys I thought i might write about my experience here for anyone that might be looking for the first steps to upgrading their car? I booked my car into Demon Tweaks in Wrexham for a package upgrade listed below:

- Exhaust system (Cant remember what the original deal was but ended up being Powerflow)
- K & N Airfilter
- Remap (Was bluefin, but ended up being a custom tune)

(Just to note you cannot find this on their website for volvos, but I dropped them an email and they responded pretty quickly saying I could still have that deal but obviously different parts that would be for my car)

I thought i might as well get the car a bit lower so I added some Bilstein coils.

I took the car in which was booked for the full days work which they then advised it might possibly need an extra day as they wanted to make sure the exhaust if it had to be custom made was done properly and nothing rushed on the car.

I brought it in first thing and then took my car of my hands and straight onto the ramps, I stayed in the waiting room all day which was alright I guess and they kept me upto speed with what was happening etc.

After all exhaust was on they took me through all the different tail pipes I could have and asked me about the kind of sound I wanted .... (Which wasnt loud ... im no boy racer)

After the Exhaust/coils/filter were on they then went on to the remap where I saw them testing it etc and let me watch whats going on. (Car looked and sounded awesome) After all that they put the car up again aligned everything, took it for a test drive and then that was me done at the end of the day. Awsome day, great experience and really professional. They also had a really cool old Volvo Team racing car in the showroom.
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 23rd, 2015, 18:53   #2
wisc

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
- Exhaust system (Cant remember what the original deal was but ended up being Powerflow)
- K & N Airfilter
- Remap (Was bluefin, but ended up being a custom tune)

hehe......excuse me for chuckling.....

edit - on a serious note, go book your car in for a rolling road to see what 'actual' bhp and torque you have (make sure you get the 'at the wheels' figures.....as this is the real power.....(as I got reminded by a poster on here when i posted my rr figures)

Last edited by wisc; Oct 23rd, 2015 at 19:01.
wisc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wisc For This Useful Post:
Old Oct 26th, 2015, 11:03   #3
domhart10
Volvo S40

yeh sorry im not that great into knowing exactly what was put on but diffidently powerflow ... but that air filter i wanted to change to a k & N induction but do they make a difference?

But yeh next thing I get will be bigger brakes and to get it on a rolling road, I already notice a lot more power but im taking it down to Santa pod this weekend to find out how much of a difference this has made. I went down their couple months ago with everything standard ... so will be interesting to see. to be honest im happy with any figure I get and not to bothered about finding out how much is running exactly at the moment as it is alot faster than before (But rolling road is on the list to do)

I dont know if people have changed tyres or any advise on wheels and widths as im having trouble putting power down of the line and its too easy to wheel spin which is frustrating.

Last edited by domhart10; Oct 26th, 2015 at 11:54.
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5th, 2015, 15:28   #4
wisc

Quote:
yeh sorry im not that great into knowing exactly what was put on but diffidently powerflow ... but that air filter i wanted to change to a k & N induction but do they make a difference?
I don't believe so.....

Quote:
I dont know if people have changed tyres or any advise on wheels and widths as im having trouble putting power down of the line and its too easy to wheel spin which is frustrating.
I think you will just have to get to used to the extra power and deliver appropriately from the lights or on a rolling start. Put very good grip tyres on asap.
Have fun and don't kill yourself

Last edited by wisc; Nov 5th, 2015 at 15:35.
wisc is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to wisc For This Useful Post: