Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '11-'18 / XC60 '09-'17 General Forum for the P3-platform 60-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Calling V60 T6 Polestar Owners

Views : 26690

Replies : 111

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jan 13th, 2016, 17:49   #51
EWAC
too long to remember

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart Matheson View Post
Hey. I realise the photos of my white Polestar yesterday aren't the best. I found these photos of an identical Polestar in Japan. I am heading north to Inverness-shire on Wednesday so it will be interesting to see how the car behaves on the snowy roads without winter tyres. Oh, and I don't seem to have any of the noise that EWAC has mentioned.
How did you get on without winter tyres?

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
EWAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18th, 2016, 21:42   #52
MCV60
Master Member

http://youtu.be/n9dVsS2XaHE
MCV60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19th, 2016, 01:34   #53
tripstation

Had mine from new.
tripstation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 20:50   #54
Dark555
V60 Polestar Rebel Blue

That makes at least two in Edinburgh!
Dark555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22nd, 2016, 21:02   #55
Dark555
V60 Polestar Rebel Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51mes View Post
I ended up with Anthracite Team dynamics Pro Race 1.3's with Vredstein wintrac's in the 235x19x40 96Y fitment, lighter than OEM and hardened alloy, know several race teams use these with good results from my Marshalling days.
S.
Can you confirm the size/width/offset/PCD of the wheels and where you got them from?

Thanks, Mark
Old Mar 17th, 2016, 18:02   #56
EWAC
too long to remember

Default Looking for help

I am now in my 6 month of ownership of my Polestar and have been battling with Volvo to fix an issue it.
As they have no idea where a noise is coming from they are now saying that all Polestars have the same issue! which I cannot believe this is the case.

The issue I have is a horrible drone/howl which could be classed as tyre noise as low speed. However, get the car upto 60>70 and it magnified ridiculously to the point its difficult to even hold a conversation with passengers.
I have even had expert from Michelin come check it out, and his words were "Jesus how do you live with this". Anyway he confirmed it wasn't the tyres (original ones still fitted).

What i am hoping to do next, to help myself and other owners, is to meet up with a couple of other owners to witness your vehicles, just to prove it isn't on all.

I am based in Essex SS9 and am willing to travel, ideally not too far , if anyone is willing to help.
I also visit relatives in Shrewsbury a few times a year, so can meet someone on route or near.

If there any owners of a V60 Polestar, that live or work within the midlands and south of England and willing to help out, please get in touch.
I can come meet you, and shouldn't take too long to check it out.
Also better add, I am not wanting to drive yours, being a passenger is fine.

thank you

Instagram: #polestar_owners_uk Facebook: Polestar owners uk Email: polestarownersuk@gmail.com
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 17:17   #57
hi8ane

I was interested to read your findings. When I was looking at these great cars I was fortunate to have a choice of two demonstrators from a main dealer. The newer one had EXACTLY the symptoms you describe and I quickly decided I couldn't live with it so didn't even try the older car. A couple of weeks later my arm was twisted and I took the September '14 car for a drive. It didn't suffer from the drone/boom at all and I cut the drive short and signed on the dotted line.

Eight months on I am delighted with it. The tyres do let you know of changes in road surface by sound and those with a rough finish are quite noisy but acceptable, varying rapidly in tone and volume rather than a loud oppressive drone. Smooth surfaces are almost silent at any speed.

As an aside I would strongly recommend having a laser alignment done at an independent tyre dealer as the high stickiness of these tyres will mean a noisy drone as they squirm in a straight line. A kerb knock or pothole will easily impact alignment.

I'm intrigued to know if damper settings have any effect on this. It's quite feasible that someone has tightened them up hard
hi8ane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 21st, 2016, 17:45   #58
EWAC
too long to remember

Thanks for your reply!
You have given me confidence that it can be fixed.
I had the opposite experience to you. The first one I drove was a newer build and drove and rode beautiful. No usual noises, however it got sold while I was on the test drive!
This led me to this one, which on the way home down the M1 the noise became evident. I wasn't impressed and have been battling it since.
I have even questioned myself whether the first car i drove had it and I didn't notice it, so hearing you story has helped, thanks
I haven't had it laser aligned yet, as it tracks well, no drifting when i let go of steering and tyre wear is true and even (had them all off to check and swap them round).

Suspension is an interesting one!! You could be on to something, however I am not going to touch it, just encase I screw it up and invalidate the warranty
I would say the ride isn't that hard and guides well at 50 with the road noise you would expect with these tyre profiles.
I have you seen anywhere about adjusting them or even checking the adjustment??

Old Mar 21st, 2016, 18:12   #59
EWAC
too long to remember

Just found this about suspension adjustment after some digging

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthr...ons-w-Diagrams

Old Mar 23rd, 2016, 12:46   #60
hi8ane

Interesting stuff that I'll test my dealer on soon :-)

The dealer kindly agreed to supply two new front tyres as part of the deal and the time to fit them is getting very close. As you can imagine I'm a little nervous that they might come with the added extra of boomy drone but that will be interesting in itself (is it the tyre or is it the car). I'm very confident that they'll resolve it if it does.
hi8ane is offline   Reply With Quote