Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Polestar optimisation - updated software

Views : 3293

Replies : 29

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Nov 13th, 2020, 19:09   #21
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95 View Post
Do know if Polestar offer a free upgrade for those who already have it?

Cheers.

Mike
Yes. You just pay one time. And in my opinion... we payed too much... at least me. I speak for myself... around 1100€. Any modification in the Polestar software will be automatically done when the car is updated at the dealership.

Just go to your dealership and ask them to update car's general software. It recognises has having Polestar software and any pending update is pushed and done by installing the new software over the old one. Just like an update of a cellphone. It recognises the model and all its subsequent specifications.

Was i clear enough? I hope so. 🙂😉👍

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Nov 13th, 2020 at 19:16.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VOLVOL0VER For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 13th, 2020, 19:21   #22
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike95 View Post
Do know if Polestar offer a free upgrade for those who already have it?

Cheers.

Mike

I'll not do it anytime soon. So if you're going to do it soon tell me later please, in this thread or by private message, what do you think about new midrange numbers and if you felt it under the accelerator pedal.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Nov 13th, 2020 at 22:02.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to VOLVOL0VER For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 11:05   #23
CC me

Thumbs up Sooo smooth

I just recently purchased my V90 CC and was informed it had P*. I had it checked at the local dealer and found it didn't. after a bit of a saga the previous owner agreed to pay for it to be installed.

I'm not sure whether these are the software I.D codes or not as all I got was a screen grab of the install from the dealer, but the info showed perf. opt. D4204t23+ appl and client version 20.14.0.431.

I just got the car back and took it for a quick test on rural and M way roads. the difference is night and day. In comfort mode (I forgot to switch when I started it up) the shifts were smoother and almost inperceptable, and in P* mode the pick up was quicker and it didn't scream as much at the higher rev levels, when I hit the loud pedal harder.

Both settings improved the response on takeoff from start at roundabouts, junctions etc, so I am 1 happy bunny . I tend to be a little impatient at roundabouts. There are many that still do not know how they work, so you can be sat there for ages waiting, not now, as soon as I sense hesitation I am out of there. I just need to persuade the Missus that we need to go for a long drive somewhere, Covid restrictions applicable. It is so much fun now.

Last edited by CC me; Nov 14th, 2020 at 11:40. Reason: spelling
CC me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CC me For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 18:49   #24
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC me View Post
I just recently purchased my V90 CC and was informed it had P*. I had it checked at the local dealer and found it didn't. after a bit of a saga the previous owner agreed to pay for it to be installed.

I'm not sure whether these are the software I.D codes or not as all I got was a screen grab of the install from the dealer, but the info showed perf. opt. D4204t23+ appl and client version 20.14.0.431.

I just got the car back and took it for a quick test on rural and M way roads. the difference is night and day. In comfort mode (I forgot to switch when I started it up) the shifts were smoother and almost inperceptable, and in P* mode the pick up was quicker and it didn't scream as much at the higher rev levels, when I hit the loud pedal harder.

Both settings improved the response on takeoff from start at roundabouts, junctions etc, so I am 1 happy bunny . I tend to be a little impatient at roundabouts. There are many that still do not know how they work, so you can be sat there for ages waiting, not now, as soon as I sense hesitation I am out of there. I just need to persuade the Missus that we need to go for a long drive somewhere, Covid restrictions applicable. It is so much fun now.

What is your engine? Petrol? Diesel?
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 18:50   #25
Kenp8257

Sounds great - do you have a D4 or D5?
Kenp8257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 22:05   #26
tominderbyshire

Default New V90CC owner (1 week now) - with P*

I opted to have the P* fitted when purchased my 2nd hand V90CC.

Although I didn't or wasn't looking/attracted to it - they convinced me when they did it at half price. £415! Considering cost of vehicle and hopefully years of ownership, I thought - why not?!
tominderbyshire is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tominderbyshire For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 22:27   #27
volvo s60 2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
What is your engine? Petrol? Diesel?

The engine code D4204t23 is for D5 PP.
volvo s60 2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to volvo s60 2001 For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 14th, 2020, 23:53   #28
mike95

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLVOL0VER View Post
Yes. You just pay one time. And in my opinion... we payed too much... at least me. I speak for myself... around 1100€. Any modification in the Polestar software will be automatically done when the car is updated at the dealership.

Just go to your dealership and ask them to update car's general software. It recognises has having Polestar software and any pending update is pushed and done by installing the new software over the old one. Just like an update of a cellphone. It recognises the model and all its subsequent specifications.

Was i clear enough? I hope so. 🙂😉👍
Thanks very much for that. Much appreciated and very clear. I look forward to the update during the next service which is not until next spring.

Very happy to let you know the result if its before you get yours done.
Old Nov 16th, 2020, 03:19   #29
CC me

Thanks for clarifying my post.

Yes it is a D5 PP. As I understand it the D4 part of the upgrade code stands for Diesel 4 cylinder engine, not the D4 or D5 designation.
CC me is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CC me For This Useful Post:
Old Nov 17th, 2020, 13:55   #30
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC me View Post
Thanks for clarifying my post.

Yes it is a D5 PP. As I understand it the D4 part of the upgrade code stands for Diesel 4 cylinder engine, not the D4 or D5 designation.
Precisely. You're correct. 👍🙂👍