Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

Searching for GPS

Views : 2116

Replies : 6

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Jun 14th, 2023, 11:54   #1
Past Master

Default Searching for GPS

My (Google) satnav has got stuck. It thinks it's in Soham (its last stop) and is showing "searching for GPS". Turning the car on and off has no effect. I haven't tried the "factory reset" button yet but that may be the next step. Anyone else had this?
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 12:02   #2
sk546
Master Member

Have you tried pressing and holding the Front Defost button, this resets the modems and the GPS unit (I believe).

If this dosent help, pressing and holding the Home button on the centre screen resets the cars systems and may also fix the issue.

If not, it will either be the factory reset or a trip to the dealer.

Previous - MY20 XC60 T8 Polestar Engineered - Onyx Black - Sensus
sk546 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sk546 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 12:43   #3
Tony Gathercole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past Master View Post
My (Google) satnav has got stuck. It thinks it's in Soham (its last stop) and is showing "searching for GPS". Turning the car on and off has no effect. I haven't tried the "factory reset" button yet but that may be the next step. Anyone else had this?
I think that I saw something very similar a few months ago. GPS "glitched" as I drove over Barton Bridge on the M60 and remained confused unitl I forced an Infotainment system reset (home button for 30 seconds) a few miles later on the M56 which restored full functionality.

As the car was going into the dealers to look at another problem the following week (lights control module - see this forum passim - I reported it but nothing was found. No further problems since then, so probably just one of those things!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tony Gathercole For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 14:36   #4
giftgrub100
giftgrub100

would suggest reading these and try both if required

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801512c8f5561

or this

https://www.volvocars.com/ie/support...a801517358bc5a

Last edited by giftgrub100; Jun 14th, 2023 at 15:10.
giftgrub100 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to giftgrub100 For This Useful Post:
Old Jun 14th, 2023, 14:40   #5
Past Master

Thank you both - that was massively helpful! To clarify (in case someone else comes across this), it's the "home" button at the bottom right hand corner of the map screen that works.
This really is what forums are all about. I am very grateful!
Edit:
Having just seen the latest post above, I realise I misinterpreted the ref to "home button". Had forgotten about the actual button beneath the screen! So instead of what happened in the video (black screen, then reboot) I just pressed the icon in the bottom right of the screen, and the screen switched to the correct location after 20 seconds, without going black or having to reboot.
So now it looks like we have three possible solutions.
Thanks again (and I should mention that I did try to find an online solution before I came here, but no success).

Last edited by Past Master; Jun 14th, 2023 at 14:49.
Past Master is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Past Master For This Useful Post:
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 00:20   #6
xvoltn67
XVOLTN67

Default Having the Same Issue with a 2024 XC90 B6

Rebooted the home screen. Will not reboot the TCAM as it shows no connection (triangle with the X). Bluetooth works. Also tried to connect to WIFI but finds nothing despite the fact that there are two within 10 ft. Was working fine today and then just stopped with a message that it could not get a GPS signal. Car is two months old!!!! Google update one day before. Options? 1) Factory Reset or 2) Go visit the dealer?

Side Complaint: And who the hell puts the users manual in the SW? Just a small gripe but the manual shows an odometer and my dealer told me that it has one before they do the delivery update. Yes, you can pull it up by hitting the trip button but that is not the point. How do you have a car with no odometer at the bottom of the screen (that you can scroll at worst case) and no temperature gauge? Would also be great to have a lock code option for the glove box. Just seems like this SW was pushed out by chimps with no thought.
xvoltn67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 17th, 2024, 09:50   #7
Handyandy2

I had the same problem on Wednesday. Half way to work and GPS and data connection suddenly stopped working. Reset centre screen but didn’t help. Tried resetting TCAM but wouldn’t work. Thursday evening I decided it was either a trip to dealer or start pulling TCAM fuse and battery but when I went out to the car to have a go at the later everything was back to normal! Therefore I would advise leaving it a couple of days and see what happens.
Handyandy2 is offline   Reply With Quote