Volvo Community Forum. The Forums of the Volvo Owners Club

Forum Rules Volvo Owners Club About VOC Volvo Gallery Links Volvo History Volvo Press
Go Back   Volvo Owners Club Forum > "Technical Topics" > S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General
Register Members Cars Help Calendar Extra Stuff

Notices

S60 & V60 '18> / XC60 '17> / S90 & V90 '16> / XC90 '15> General Forum for the SPA-platform 60- and 90-series models

Information
  • VOC Members: There is no login facility using your VOC membership number or the details from page 3 of the club magazine. You need to register in the normal way
  • AOL Customers: Make sure you check the 'Remember me' check box otherwise the AOL system may log you out during the session. This is a known issue with AOL.
  • AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net users. Forum owners such as us are finding that AOL, Yahoo and Plus.net are blocking a lot of email generated from forums. This may mean your registration activation and other emails will not get to you, or they may appear in your spam mailbox

Thread Informations

MY21 is out now

Views : 16814

Replies : 142

Users Viewing This Thread :  

Old Feb 28th, 2020, 18:03   #101
CocoPops
VOC Member

Yup it’s list price.

So a £40,001 car for £1 still attracts the higher tax.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 18:39   #102
ovlov04v
Just Cruising.

It's the list price of car plus list price of any factory fitted extras less the 1st year RFL and first registration fee.
It is therefore worth looking at what options you can add post sale (e.g reversing camera etc) because they dont count towards the £40K.

The whole thing is a typical knee jerk reaction from our politicians. Crazy system.
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 20:31   #103
dling

Quote:
Originally Posted by familymangreg View Post
Ah, but have you ever sold one? :-)

:wq
You guys are killing me when I saw the question about maple brown I got excited thinking I could upload some pics and help the forum... but then I read your replies and now I realized that if I do that everyone will start laughing at my car

As someone else said, colour is a matter of prefference, I love my Maple Brown with brown interior

Cheers
dling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dling For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 20:46   #104
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisrixy View Post
Unfortunately if you are trying to avoid the extra VED taxation that kicks in at £40k I think you will find that this is based on the published list price of car + extras, before any discounts. It's not based on the actual price you pay..
yep I know - my bad wording
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 21:08   #105
driver99

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatNext? View Post
Look on AliExpress, many including me have bought one
Properly Integrated with the centre column or just ‘plugged in’ to the 12v socket?
Old Feb 28th, 2020, 21:53   #106
Blueboy510

£55.42 31% Off | For Volvo XC90 S90 V90 XC60 V60 C60 2018 2019 2020 car QI wireless charging phone charger charging plate accessories for iPhone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_dXjhsn1

S90 D4 Momentum MY2020 Onyx Black
Blueboy510 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Blueboy510 For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 09:06   #107
weemark

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
Just been considering an XC40 R-D pro for my wife and with substantial discounts managed to get everything on it with the striking Bursting Blue paint under the 40k threshold .... other than a heated steering wheel. So considered changing the paint to Thunder Grey to give us enough wiggle room to include the heated wheel ..... until we saw one at the local dealers. OMG it's hideous! Colours are most definitely not Volvo's strong point!
For the VED Threshold the discounts are indeed irrelevant - so it should have said as below, as I said my bad wording so hope this makes more sense!

"Just been considering an XC40 R-D Pro for my wife and managed to get everything on it with the striking Bursting Blue paint under the 40k threshold .... other than a heated steering wheel. So considered changing the paint to Thunder Grey to give us enough wiggle room to include the heated wheel ..... until we saw one at the local dealers. OMG it's hideous! Colours are most definitely not Volvo's strong point!

Significant discounts applied to this list price were still not enough to bring this car to a cost that made sense to buy so we've looked elsewhere and will be signing on the dotted line next week"
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 11:10   #108
AB-UK
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dling View Post
You guys are killing me when I saw the question about maple brown I got excited thinking I could upload some pics and help the forum... but then I read your replies and now I realized that if I do that everyone will start laughing at my car

As someone else said, colour is a matter of prefference, I love my Maple Brown with brown interior

Cheers
Everyone is entitled to a fair hearing

Post your photos and prove what an attractive colour it really is
AB-UK is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AB-UK For This Useful Post:
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 15:47   #109
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dling View Post

Cheers
what??!! you have maple brown!??😱

p.s.: just kidding with you

Last edited by VOLVOL0VER; Feb 29th, 2020 at 15:56.
VOLVOL0VER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 29th, 2020, 15:52   #110
VOLVOL0VER
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weemark View Post
For the VED Threshold the discounts are indeed irrelevant - so it should have said as below, as I said my bad wording so hope this makes more sense!

"Just been considering an XC40 R-D Pro for my wife and managed to get everything on it with the striking Bursting Blue paint under the 40k threshold .... other than a heated steering wheel. So considered changing the paint to Thunder Grey to give us enough wiggle room to include the heated wheel ..... until we saw one at the local dealers. OMG it's hideous! Colours are most definitely not Volvo's strong point!

Significant discounts applied to this list price were still not enough to bring this car to a cost that made sense to buy so we've looked elsewhere and will be signing on the dotted line next week"
totally agree and the ones that in my humble opinion were the best ones, they dropped. Even knowing it was already an old colour, 477- Electric Silver, was one of the best and they dropped it. Makes no sense to me. At least in the XC60 was one of the best colours.